Leaked All New HTC One Ad/Flier Shares Details on Dual-Camera Purpose

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
All_New_HTC_One_Duo_Camera_Leaked_Ad_01-394x700.jpg

There have been so many leaks regarding the HTC M8 (aka All New HTC One) that the company might as well just launch the device now instead of waiting until March 25th. Of course, that isn't likely to happen, even though this latest leak gives us one of the last pieces of the puzzle. The dual-camera has been the primary "mystery" surrounding the next-gen HTC One, but a leaked ad/flier pretty much solves it.

As can be seen in the ad above, the dual-camera functionality (called Duo-Camera by the ad) is meant to do the following:

Create vivid images even in low-light and professionally edit memories after you've taken the shot. Choose where to focus, highlight what you love, soften backgrounds and add 3D effects.

Hmmm... many of these features definitely sound intriguing, although they are mostly just derived marketing hyperbole. What's really odd is the mention of 3D effects. Hasn't HTC realized that 3D was a fad which never took off with smartphones? You would assume they would have learned their lesson with the Evo 3D from years ago. At any rate, maybe there is still more than meets the eye. Cross your fingers this Duo-Camera feature is more than just a gimmick.

Source:GSMArena

jspradling7

Reaction score
At the moment I'm thinking I like this phone better than the S5.

Rhino94

Reaction score
I called it in a post like a month ago. Dual cameras from HTC are only good for one thing..3D

jspradling7

Reaction score
If the One and the S5 are the 2014 flagship offerings from Samsung and HTC, it seems LG spanked them both with the G2.