Htc Incredible Boot Loop

Mork2k4

Reaction score
I have been having the same problem trying to install a zip on my phone. It doesnt seem to like said zip file. I had done a back-up each time before I tried to install the zip but I could never find the back-ups after I had rebooted my phone. I have my phone rooted and have a ROM installed. The only way I have found a way around this problem is to re-install the ROM. If I can find another way to fix this problem I will keep updated. I do not like having to re-install everything on my phone over again when I have this problem.

cyberjason

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I know I'm a little late to the game. Yes I'm a cheapass. Someone gave me an htc incredible for free. It's actually a great phone but this reboot loop is killing me. Does anyone know the actual cause? Is it hardware-based or software-based? It seems to happen randomly and I've already done a complete factory reset twice...which doesn't do anything to fix the issue. I'm surprised that there are forums that speculate on the cause but no one really knows what the problem is...has anyone called htc or has verizon finally figured it out? I was thinking of flashing the phone w/ clockwork and installing cyanogen rom but I don't want to go through all of that just to find out that the problem might be hardware-based and non-fixable.

Thanks -Jason