why cant i get SP Recovery to work?

Bjara

Reaction score
ive got sp recovery working on my phone but whenever i move a zip file to my phone and rename it "update.zip" with extensions shown, it always pops up with the same BS "Can't Mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or dev/blockmmcblk0)
(no such file or directory)
(can't mount SDCARD:update.zip
installation aborted

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
are you sure you have the update.zip on the root of your sdcard? it sounds like you have it in a folder, and that's why it can't be found.

reebz

Reaction score
in Spre, I just rename the zip to "update", minus quotes. I believe it adds the .zip automatically.

OP
Bjara

Bjara

Reaction score
everyone keeps saying "in the root of your sd card" what does that mean?

OP
Bjara

Bjara

Reaction score
so do i need to extract the zip folder? how do i work with a zip file. i download the luna theme or whatever i want and its a zip folder, what then? do i rename it update.zip or do i pull out something from the zip?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
"root of sdcard" means you put it right on your sdcard, not in any folder. in other words, when you mount your phone and copy the update.zip from your pc, you just highlight the removable disk drive (that represents your sdcard) and just paste it there. you don't copy it into any folder.

OP
Bjara

Bjara

Reaction score
ok well in that case i didnt do any of that pasting in a folder. its all direct. lemme give u guys a screen shot of it

OP
Bjara

Bjara

Reaction score
here are 2 screen shots, one of the data on my phone, the other is the update.zip opened up

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 232

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you are unmounting your phone/sdcard from your pc before you try to install thru recovery, correct?? when you say "data on your phone", do you have the update.zip in your data folder? i would also double check and make sure you don't have it named "update.zip.zip".

other than that, you may want to boot up, go into Rom Mgr, flash CWM recovery, and then flash back to SPR (or just try and flash using CWM).

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
also, before you try to install update.zip, are you first selecting "apply update.zip (depracated)"??

OP
Bjara

Bjara

Reaction score
of course i am, i got it to work with no clear understanding on how i made it work

OP
Bjara

Bjara

Reaction score
thats all i need to know , thanks husker