HTC Droid Incredible Retires? Incredible HD Taking Over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutrino

Reaction score
I wouldn't necessarily assume that there will be sufficient inventory. Pre-orders should be met, but I would expect delays on normal procurements.

Reaction score
i think the phone will be available for pre-order that day.

i'll probably just get the phone from a store the day it's released instead of doing the pre-order thing. stores should have enough in stock so as long as i get there that day i should walk out happy.

I am going to order via VZW.com b/c i don't wanna pay $300 ($200 + mail in rebate).

for me getting it in the store is easier... i have to verify they can apply my mom's upgrade to my phone as well as make sure she'll be able to upgrade in january. plus, if i only work half a day at my first job, when the phone is released, i'll get the phone by 1pm... if i work my normal shift, i'll have it by 4.

and is it really cheaper when you get it online? i can always pre-order the accessories... are those cheaper as well?

Reaction score
I wouldn't necessarily assume that there will be sufficient inventory. Pre-orders should be met, but I would expect delays on normal procurements.

i was afraid of that :(

i'm going to have to chance it because of the upgrade situation i have... and nobody is going to be home during the day to sign for the package when delivery is attempted. i could get it sent to the office i work at but i would hear about it later... not fun

kparks

Reaction score
when miami closed the last chat he said:

1. ""I got there is a "iconic device going on pre-order on Friday in the AM" from the 1-800-922-0204....""
confirms something good for friday

2. ""If you wanted more.. sorry..if you think about it wait until tomorrow...meanwhile I am going to close this one down untiul then so it's not spinning out of control tonight since I know i wont be in very much to answer a ton of questions...""
seems like everything we wanted for the past few weeks could be revealed tomorrow... i'm happy with that. if that doesn't happen, i'll just see the phone on the website friday :)

miami you are doing a great job with getting us the information... thank you!
WRONG the iconic device is the droid pro.. i highly doubt we will see anything this week .but hey thats my opinion after being dragged along for the last 3 weeks! im calling BS on pre orders friday and when friday comes and goes they will just tell u something different

Reaction score

1. ""I got there is a "iconic device going on pre-order on Friday in the AM" from the 1-800-922-0204....""

2. ""If you wanted more.. sorry..if you think about it wait until tomorrow...meanwhile I am going to close this one down untiul then so it's not spinning out of control tonight since I know i wont be in very much to answer a ton of questions...""
seems like everything we wanted for the past few weeks could be revealed tomorrow... i'm happy with that. if that doesn't happen, i'll just see the phone on the website friday :)

WRONG the iconic device is the droid pro.. i highly doubt we will see anything this week .but hey thats my opinion after being dragged along for the last 3 weeks! im calling BS on pre orders friday and when friday comes and goes they will just tell u something different

i was on verizon.com earlier and saw that the droid pro was already available for pre-order... the rep on the phone could have meant something else. either way, i'm hoping they meant the incredible hd. i love my droid eris, best phone i've ever had... but the phone's gotten slow lately (mostly after phone calls) and since i want a bigger screen it's time for a new phone.

Anything can happen over the next 2 days... information (specs & pics perhaps) tomorrow and pre-order friday (anything is possible) so i'm going to stay hopeful. anyone reading this is entitled to their opinion, i won't judge them for their thoughts.

keep up the good work miami!

viper1549

Reaction score
so we're back to thinking its friday again?

some of us never stopped thinking lol.. i talked to Miami and hes planning on posting the thread IF he gets the go ahead from his connects.

some of us have been following/checking this thread religiously for the last 3-4 weeks but honestly the next 2 days are going to tell us alot about Miami's contacts..

so far we have been limited on info and nothing has been proven wrong at this point and nothing but the 23rd has been given to us other than the Pre-Order date so i choose to let the first date be incorrect befor i start having any doubts.. if friday comes and goes and we dont hear that pre-orders were cancelled ahead of time then i will start having doubts but until then lets assume the best shall we?

viper1549

Reaction score
i think the phone will be available for pre-order that day.

i'll probably just get the phone from a store the day it's released instead of doing the pre-order thing. stores should have enough in stock so as long as i get there that day i should walk out happy.

I am going to order via VZW.com b/c i don't wanna pay $300 ($200 + mail in rebate).

i may actually learn something from you Matthew, lol. So are you suggesting that if you order online you dont have to pay the $100 rebate?

The prob with ordering online is that i am pathetic enough to not want to wait until the mail man gets here and rather just wait in line in the AM and be one of the first to get my hands on it lol

viper1549

Reaction score

if you think about it he has never given us a date and failed to meet it yet regarding this phone.. sure he has said tomorrow.. or later on.. or whatever but he actually gave us a 11/12 date so unless he comes in here tomorrow after his meeting in the AM saying "hey that guy was right its not coming this year" then i have full faith everything is still on schedule..

HOWEVER if what you say happens and he doesnt say they are NOT coming Friday and they actually dont come on Friday i will start to lose faith..

babygurl3785

Reaction score
Per the agents I've talked to they will no longer do the instant rebate, you will have to apply for the rebate. I don't remember the date she said it changed. But you will have to send in for the rebate. Sorry guys! :(

viper1549

Reaction score
Per the agents I've talked to they will no longer do the instant rebate, you will have to apply for the rebate. I don't remember the date she said it changed. But you will have to send in for the rebate. Sorry guys! :(

dang just when i find out about it, it goes away!

i dont know if i want to pre order it then, i dont see the benefit other than not having to wake up early for the store to open but i kinda want to lol..

viper1549

Reaction score
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm something just became a little more clear to me just now......... read. To all that check this in the mornig, let me first say good morning.. haha

scififan2715
@V3RDICT So will there be 2 Dinc HD's (3g and LTE), or just the LTE one in January? Have you tried it out yet?

V3RDICT
@scififan2715 I'm guessing just an LTE Inc HD. Don't know why they would make both.

different one..

Johey_Verona
@V3RDICT Keep these tweets coming from that training. I would STRONGLY consider an Incredible HD. Will that not be LTE, though?

V3RDICT
@Johey_Verona yes, Incredible HD is gonna be LTE ready. Stoked!

OK 2 things right off the bat:

A) He hasnt heard of a Droid Inc HD 3G

B) He obviously doesn't know it exist or has existed to say "i dont know why they would make both" so he was kept out of the loop LIKE MANY OTHERS

C) He confirmed the device in Jan will be LTE meaning the march date was pulled back to sometime after January, big whoop im not waiting for the LTE and neither is most of the followers of this thread..

So once again, the one guy that honestly got our thread closed today from all the speculation didnt even know what the hell he was talking about in reference to the device we are all waiting for.. i rest my case, common FRIDAY!

and a lil somethin from me to him.. :p

viper1549
@V3RDICT im sorry to say but you and black_man_x have been left out of the Droid Inc HD 3G loop.. pre-orders friday.. yeah boi! :D

viper1549

Reaction score
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm something just became a little more clear to me just now......... read. To all that check this in the mornig, let me first say good morning.. haha

scififan2715
@V3RDICT So will there be 2 Dinc HD's (3g and LTE), or just the LTE one in January? Have you tried it out yet?

V3RDICT
@scififan2715 I'm guessing just an LTE Inc HD. Don't know why they would make both.

different one..

Johey_Verona
@V3RDICT Keep these tweets coming from that training. I would STRONGLY consider an Incredible HD. Will that not be LTE, though?

V3RDICT
@Johey_Verona yes, Incredible HD is gonna be LTE ready. Stoked!

OK 2 things right off the bat:

A) He hasnt heard of a Droid Inc HD 3G

B) He obviously doesn't know it exist or has existed to say "i dont know why they would make both" so he was kept out of the loop LIKE MANY OTHERS

C) He confirmed the device in Jan will be LTE meaning the march date was pulled back to sometime after January, big whoop im not waiting for the LTE and neither is most of the followers of this thread..

So once again, the one guy that honestly got our thread closed today from all the speculation didnt even know what the hell he was talking about in reference to the device we are all waiting for.. i rest my case, common FRIDAY!

and a lil somethin from me to him.. :p

viper1549
@V3RDICT im sorry to say but you and black_man_x have been left out of the Droid Inc HD 3G loop.. pre-orders friday.. yeah boi! :D

errrr meant 3 things.... :i-m_so_happy:

kparks

Reaction score

if you think about it he has never given us a date and failed to meet it yet regarding this phone.. sure he has said tomorrow.. or later on.. or whatever but he actually gave us a 11/12 date so unless he comes in here tomorrow after his meeting in the AM saying "hey that guy was right its not coming this year" then i have full faith everything is still on schedule..

HOWEVER if what you say happens and he doesnt say they are NOT coming Friday and they actually dont come on Friday i will start to lose faith..
first off in my og post i ment wait not wrong not sure what happened there... and come on viper whats the diff in saying this friday and 11/12.. lol seriousley saying this friday is a date what u talkin about hahaha... and they have been feeding both of us the same thing for weeks now NOTHING!i want it to be real but ima need some proof at this point! ur tellin me pre orders tomorrow and we dont even know what it looks like sorry not happening 100% not goin to happen so dont get your hopes up for the 100th time just to be let down again

Status
Not open for further replies.