HTC Droid Incredible now Shipping 5/14

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
incredible-shipping-514.jpg

The demand for Verizon's latest Droid might have exceeded sales expectations during the initial launch week. Verizon has pushed back the HTC Incredible's next shipping date to May 14th, up 10 days from May 4th. If your ready to make the jump to this phone but can't wait 2 weeks, be sure to check your local Verizon store or even Best Buy. My local Best Buy had quite a few in stock!

itzkr0me

Reaction score
Not sure if this is accurate. I just ordered my incredible (after an issue with a CSR forgetting something with my order) and it's being overnighted. I confirmed with the CSR that there are over 12k in stock.

jaws0813

Reaction score
If I trade my droid in how much will it cost me to get the incredable?

doublejack

Reaction score

First, I'm not sure why you'd want to do that. Both phones have their advantages, but those are quite minor. Except for a few uncommon scenarios, there's no compelling reason to switch from one to the other. The two phones are far more alike than they are different, from a functional perspective. If anything, the huge user base of the :motdroidvert: gives it a slight edge, IMO. The second biggest difference is the Droid's longer battery life.

Anyway, if you are sure you want to switch from the Droid to the Droid Incredible then your best bet is likely to outright sell your Droid and buy a Droid Incredible without a contract. The Incredible will run close to $600, and a used Droid will fetch a little over half that much on a site like ebay.

jaws0813

Reaction score
honestly the biggest reason is I love htc's sence UI. I love my droid by I do like HTC better than motorola

doublejack

Reaction score
honestly the biggest reason is I love htc's sence UI. I love my droid by I do like HTC better than motorola

Well, there are apps that add HTS Sense-like features to the Android OS. It really comes down to personal preference and how much one is willing to tinker with their phone to customize it.

However, if all you really want is the stock HTC Sense then you don't necessarily have to switch. It is being ported over to the Moto Droid. Right now it is only in an alpha stage and there are bugs, but it is functional enough to play with. Story Here

Dark-V

Reaction score
My work got 2 of them delivered last week. This has been out for at least a week now.

I want one now. They are great devices.

Sean

Reaction score
cheapest way....

to get an incredible out of contract... im not even eligable for the annual upgrade till august 2011.... any help is appreciated... i have a droid now... but i really want the incredible!!!

doublejack

Reaction score
to get an incredible out of contract... im not even eligable for the annual upgrade till august 2011.... any help is appreciated... i have a droid now... but i really want the incredible!!!

You're looking at $500-600 for the Incredible through a source like craigslist or ebay, or at worst Amazon or Verizon (which will be full list). Maybe you can get $350 for your used Droid. You've got no other options since you aren't eligible for an upgrade.

Call me crazy, but I don't see where either phone is that much better than the other to justify spending that kind of money. As I already stated, they're much more alike than they are different.

Verizon Guy

Reaction score

First, I'm not sure why you'd want to do that. Both phones have their advantages, but those are quite minor. Except for a few uncommon scenarios, there's no compelling reason to switch from one to the other. The two phones are far more alike than they are different, from a functional perspective. If anything, the huge user base of the :motdroidvert: gives it a slight edge, IMO. The second biggest difference is the Droid's longer battery life.

Anyway, if you are sure you want to switch from the Droid to the Droid Incredible then your best bet is likely to outright sell your Droid and buy a Droid Incredible without a contract. The Incredible will run close to $600, and a used Droid will fetch a little over half that much on a site like ebay.

Go to verizon's website. You can get a Brand New HTC Incredible for $529. Plus tax of course...

jamjr74

Reaction score

You're looking at $500-600 for the Incredible through a source like craigslist or ebay, or at worst Amazon or Verizon (which will be full list). Maybe you can get $350 for your used Droid. You've got no other options since you aren't eligible for an upgrade.

Call me crazy, but I don't see where either phone is that much better than the other to justify spending that kind of money. As I already stated, they're much more alike than they are different.

Sold my Droid on Ebay for $315 and got the HTC from Verizon for $529.00!! Not bad! I prefer the HTC to the Droid. It is a lot lighter and more pocker friendly which is a key point for me. Both are g reat phones though!

BOA

Reaction score
Ordered one for my wife last Sunday and received it on the 4th. Was told I wouldn't get it until the 11th!!

chops

Reaction score
lol you guys are like sheep being lead to the slaughter house, wasting money on a phone that is not really an upgrade from the moto droid there going to be better phones out then the incredible out in like 3 to 4 monthes god cannt u wait lol

spartanstew

Reaction score
Ordered my Incredible on Monday night and it said it would ship on the 14th. Received an Email yesterday that it had already shipped and will be here tomorrow.