New Droids Shipping 8/27 with Verizon Branded Moto X following 2 days later

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
verizon_x.jpg

This is going to be a two for one here folks. For those of you who are anxiously awaiting the new Droids or Moto X to drop on Verizon's network we have some official and unofficial dates for you. First up is the Droids (Ultra and MAXX), those beautiful beasts exclusive to Big Red initially set a ship date of August 20th, but it looks like that date has been adjusted and those phones are shipping on August 27th. The Droid Mini still holds it's original ship date of August 29th, so customers do not need to worry about any delays on that end.

Next up is the Verizon branded Moto X release. Before jumping in feet first we have to clarify that this is unofficial at this time, and if you've been on Verizon long enough you know never to count anything as official until Verizon announces it. HTC Thunderbolt anyone? I bet that just caused some crazy flashbacks for some people. Anywhoo, Android Central got their hands on a screenie from Best Buy's system. It shows the highly anticipated Verizon branded consumer phone Moto X hitting Best Buy shelves on August 29th with stock on hand August 15. Will those dates stand? We certainly hope so, but we aren't going to hold our breath. A staggered launch with the Droids dropping first, and a week or two later the Moto X drops makes a little more sense to us, but then again this is Verizon so anything is possible. Did someone just say "no rhyme or reason"?

There you have it folks.

Source: Verizon/AC

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Next up is the Verizon branded Moto X release. Before jumping in feet first we have to clarify that this is unofficial at this time, and if you've been on Verizon long enough you know never to count anything as official until Verizon announces it.

Source: Verizon/AC

Apparently you can't count on it even after Verizon announces it. Verizon announced that the Ultra and Maxx would be available on 8/20. It was listed on their site as available for pre-order to be shipped 8/20. Then it was changed yesterday or today to 8/27.

jspradling7

Reaction score
I canceled a pre-order for a Droid Maxx because of that delay. I'm just going to wait until phones are shipping before I order again.

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Although my pre-order said the shipping date was 8/20, my pre-order number changed to a tracking number with Fed Ex, and my Maxx shipped this morning with a delivery date of 8/20.

donzz

Reaction score
Although my pre-order said the shipping date was 8/20, my pre-order number changed to a tracking number with Fed Ex, and my Maxx shipped this morning with a delivery date of 8/20.
Yep, mine too. I hope Jspradling didn't really cancel his order.

jspradling7

Reaction score
Yep, mine too. I hope Jspradling didn't really cancel his order.

Yeah I did, and that's probably best even though I'd love to try one out for a while. I expect everything that Verizon releases to be locked down, but I'll wait for the Maxx and the X to get into peoples hands and maybe one will be more friendly to the devs than the other.