HTC 10 Officially Announced: Specs, Release Date & Pricing Details Here

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-10-official-3.jpg

It's a good thing we didn't get up super early this morning to watch an HTC livestream event reveal of their new flagship, the HTC 10. That's because they didn't have one!

Instead, the Taiwanese company simply posted the details and pics of the device on their website, as well as several promo videos to go along with it. It may have been a bit anti-climactic, but at least it got the job done, and we have the info to share.

First, here's the full spec breakdown:
  • 5.2 inch LCD, Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) Display - Super LCD 5, 564 ppi
  • 2.2GHz Snapdragon 820, Quad Core, 64bit
  • 4GB Ram
  • 32/64GB, Expandable Storage 2TB via microSD
  • Finger Print Reader Front Bottom Placement
  • 3000 mAh Battery - Quick Charge 3.0 with cool charge and up to 50% charge in 30 min
  • USB Type-C With Qualcomm QC 3.0
  • 12MP rear camera - f/1.8 Laser Auto-focus, OIS, Dual Tone Flash, 120 FPS Slow Motion, RAW Support
  • 5MP front camera, f/1.8, 86 degree wide-angle lens, OIS
  • HTC Boomsound Hi-Fi edition With 24-bit Hi-Res audio - 3 noise cancellation mics
  • Android 6.0 With HTC Sense and Freestyle UI
  • Carbon Grey, Glacier Silver, Topaz Gold, Camellia Red
Next, here are the details on pricing and availability:

Pre-orders for the HTC 10 start today for $699, but the phone won't actually be available until May. Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile plan to sell the device, but AT&T dos not. You can still activate the HTC 10 on AT&T's network, but you will have to purchase the unlocked version of the phone at full price directly from HTC: pre-order HTC 10 here.

Ultimately, it looks like HTC has pulled out all of the stops to put the most high-end features they can find in their device (except for water-resistance). Despite that, even though the internal hardware is all "top of the line," it doesn't appear to have anything new compared to the innovative ideas from Samsung and LG.

Feel free to discuss it further at our dedicated HTC 10 section here: HTC 10 (Formerly the HTC One M10)

Last edited:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
No wireless charging? So what besides front speakers sets it apart from competition?
I've yet to find a device out there that can match xperia z3v on abundance of features it packs.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Good to see an HTC device finally get a 3000mAh+ battery.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well then they completely missed the mark. At least before they had something other makers didn't, now they even lost that advantage. Boom sound is an advertising gimmick and everyone knows that. My 2 year old phone has hi-fi dual stereo speakers so I'm not impressed htc.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I really feel like HTC is losing their confidence now. By this time next year I expect a sell or a "merger" that is actually a sell. Even if they do baller on a Nexus, they are so far behind that one Nexus is just not going to dig them out of this hole. It's almost hard to believe in 2010-2011 HTC was King

So the new order of Android OEMs I would say is

1) Samsung
2) LG (if people don't have a Samsung I am seeing them with LGs)
3) Motorola
4) HTC
5 Huawei

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just don't understand why they would ditch the front facing speakers... That would have made this a very appealing device. Man, what're they doing? They finally seemed to address the shortcomings of the previous devices, then drop a huge reason anyone chose them in the first place.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I just don't understand why they would ditch the front facing speakers... That would have made this a very appealing device. Man, what're they doing? They finally seemed to address the shortcomings of the previous devices, then drop a huge reason anyone chose them in the first place.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
They had to get rid of the bottom front facing speaker to fit the fingerprint button...it does have one front firing speaker and the bottom is a subwoofer...I'd like to get some hands on

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nice, that's what I get for not actually looking at it or reading about it lol. That's not so bad then. I may see what it's all about as well, even though I'm likely sticking with Nexus for a while.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm tempted to get one but might just wait it out between next Nexus or Note

6s Plus

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They had to get rid of the bottom front facing speaker to fit the fingerprint button...it does have one front firing speaker and the bottom is a subwoofer...I'd like to get some hands on
hqdefault.jpg

Yup, but it is like HTC does not pay attention to what works until it is too late. The ff speakers were working so much so that Motorola and Nexus phones have adopted it. The issue people had was the HTC black bar. I am glad they got rid of the black bar but for the fingerprint scanner they should have either went on screen (which would have been awesome and something different) or rear facing. I am just getting tired of the iPhone look. Be different not the same and people will see that for what it is, an iPhone/Samsung home button.
I think this phone with front facing speakers and an on screen fingerprint scanner would be baller. And even if we are ahead of our time for an onscreen scanner Google proved through the nexus 6P/5X that the rear scanner works (better). Why not stick with what works.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
hqdefault.jpg

Yup, but it is like HTC does not pay attention to what works until it is too late. The ff speakers were working so much so that Motorola and Nexus phones have adopted it. The issue people had was the HTC black bar. I am glad they got rid of the black bar but for the fingerprint scanner they should have either went on screen (which would have been awesome and something different) or rear facing. I am just getting tired of the iPhone look. Be different not the same and people will see that for what it is, an iPhone/Samsung home button.
I think this phone with front facing speakers and an on screen fingerprint scanner would be baller. And even if we are ahead of our time for an onscreen scanner Google proved through the nexus 6P/5X that the rear scanner works (better). Why not stick with what works.

I don't think they were ready for on screen fingerprint..that be a challenge especially if it doesn't perform right ..more of a risk.

There is so much you can do with these phones ..I don't think it looks like a Sammy or IPhone..it's got HTC build all over from the M7 days ...

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just think a fingerprint scanner on the back and retaining the front facing speakers would have made this great.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

Button, begone — LG unveils next-gen fingerprint sensor under glass

^ looks like LG is about to be the baller.