[HowTo] Wifi Mount your DROID - Discussion

drmcstford

Reaction score
I'm actually running win xp I did notice when it connected it said /sdcard null or something I didn't see the first time or maybe I'm crazy .

OP
RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Even for XP just use filezilla. works the same way, just is not able to "mount" you an extra device....but it DOES the same...

you are able to wifi transfer data to SD of your droid.
Just make sure you enter the SAME credentials on both
the ftp server AND your droid!

drmcstford

Reaction score
Will I still be able to use itunes agent to detect my droid for my itunes? Is it the same ? I wonder why it stopped working grrrr thanks for the help I appreciate it :)

drmcstford

Reaction score
I actually tried using filezilla and it doesn't let you have the option of putting user just the password, so I removed the user and just left the password in the pft droid application and nothing, it just says closing socket done on the droid, I tried using net file again and it worked again weird .

EDIT: Sorry for the double post Admins !

Edit: Got it working wow Rintin this is top 5 stuff right here! I owe you a beer, beck's? haha

errrik89

Reaction score
So im trying to copy files off of my phone to the computer and a thing from netdrive pops up in the lower right corner saying "ftp command rest failed". What do i do?

Using Filezilla allows you to move pictures w/o the netdrive pop up error. I will say it is not as easy to use IMO as netdrive, but I can move files back and forth! Good Luck.

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
With NetDrive all I get is ftp: command REST failed and user/password/port/password all matches. I was actually was able to transfer 10 files from Droid to PC but I had to keep hitting Try Again for them to finally go. That was yesterday but today that won't even work. Googling that error was kinda useless. The best match I got came back to this forum and info was not helpful.

With FileZilla the Droid and PC won't even connect. IP/port/password matches. "Error 0x50 0x50 0x48. Most likely connected to the wrong port." I have FileZilla set up on the same exact port as the Droid.

This is frustrating. I've tried Moto Phone Portal and Websharing with no success. My Droid will not connect to my desktop through USB where all my files are so this is a never ending circle of dead ends.

hoodslide

Reaction score
I'm not having much luck with this either.

I'm on a mac using os x 10.5. On the droid I have installed 2 different FTP servers: swiFTP and FTPserver. Both will allow me to connect and browse the files.

When I try to upload through the Finder, I get: file could not be moved "sdcard" cannot be modified.

I'm guessing this is a file permission issue on the droid.

According to their entries in the Applications menu, both apps were given permission to modify the sdcard when they were installed.

What am I doing wrong?

Laramie

Reaction score

I'm on a mac using os x 10.5. On the droid I have installed 2 different FTP servers: swiFTP and FTPserver. Both will allow me to connect and browse the files.

When I try to upload through the Finder, I get: file could not be moved "sdcard" cannot be modified.

According to their entries in the Applications menu, both apps were given permission to modify the sdcard when they were installed.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure of the speed difference, but I haven't been able to do anything but "read-only" on my Droid and Macbook. I just downloaded Bluetooth File Transfer from the Market and I can easily send files to any fold on the Droid's SD card.

hoodslide

Reaction score

What am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure of the speed difference, but I haven't been able to do anything but "read-only" on my Droid and Macbook. I just downloaded Bluetooth File Transfer from the Market and I can easily send files to any fold on the Droid's SD card.

That's exactly what's bugging me. I can move files with bluetooth without a problem... it just takes a long time.

I want to be able to move my music around without dragging the usb cable out and bluetooth is just too slow.

Laramie

Reaction score

What am I doing wrong?

That's exactly what's bugging me. I can move files with bluetooth without a problem... it just takes a long time.

I want to be able to move my music around without dragging the usb cable out and bluetooth is just too slow.

Sorry I can't help. Please post a fix if you find it. I'd love wifi transfer too. I tried all options and all I could do was view the files but not write anything.

Laramie

Reaction score
MAC SUCESS!

Here's how I got my Droid and Macbook to play nice.

I downloaded "SwiFTP" from the Market:
1) Turn ON wifi
2) In SwiFTP, setup username, password
3) Start

Download "Classic FTP" for Mac, should be from the Apple site.
1) Run program, click Connect then create "New Site"
2) enter the "xxx.xxx.x.xxx:xxxx".... address that SwiFTP generates
3) enter username/password

Mine connected right up...I'm able to connect and send/receive files TO and FROM the Droid.

Coop1969

Reaction score
MAC SUCESS!

Here's how I got my Droid and Macbook to play nice.

I downloaded "SwiFTP" from the Market:
1) Turn ON wifi
2) In SwiFTP, setup username, password
3) Start

Download "Classic FTP" for Mac, should be from the Apple site.
1) Run program, click Connect then create "New Site"
2) enter the "xxx.xxx.x.xxx:xxxx".... address that SwiFTP generates
3) enter username/password

Mine connected right up...I'm able to connect and send/receive files TO and FROM the Droid.

Should this work with Windows Vista also?

mitchmaniacal

Reaction score
This seems like itd be really awesome if i could get it to work. With netdrive it kept saying i couldnt use any of the portable drives i had because there weren't any "write rights"

With filezilla it just keeps timing out- "Etimed out connection attempt timed out"

Im pretty sure my ports are matched up on filezilla and the droid ftp app, as well as the pw and s/n and what not. I made sure everything could go past my firewall.

My comp just can't seem to find my droid. They are poor lonely souls, calling out one another's names in the dark.

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
I had similar problems. My computer and Droid won't communicate and the wifi mount was full of errors with both netdrive and filezilla. I solved it by using Websharing. Your Droid won't be mounted like a drive, but you can get your files moved in either direction without having to jump through a bunch of hoops, standing on one leg and doing back flips to get these other methods to work.

k1ng617

Reaction score
Hey RinTin Awesome awesome tutorial, I'm still amazed, I got it down but when I went to add more music to my droid net drive pop up with the error message, "Failure when receiving data from peer" any ideas?? I really want to get this to work :mad:

I had the same problem it worked the first time but when I went back it gave me the same error. I followed the rest of the advice and downloaded filezilla and it works well. thanks