[HowTo] Create your own Ringtones - Discussion

OyVOid

Reaction score
I use RingDroid to create my own fringtonesfrom downloaded songs. If I only want one line from a 3 minute song, it allows me to edit by dragging a start and stop time to customize the song. I can then save it as a notification, a ringtone, music, or alarm. Totally awesome!

nod2mybeats

Reaction score
Creating ringtones is no problem. I use wavepad and fade out all of mine at the end because i hate it when ringtones stop short and sound abrupt. But how do I save the files on the SD card so that the droid recognizes it as a ringtone and not a music file?

It was easier on my old voyager but I'm having trouble getting it on this phone.

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
Creating ringtones is no problem. I use wavepad and fade out all of mine at the end because i hate it when ringtones stop short and sound abrupt. But how do I save the files on the SD card so that the droid recognizes it as a ringtone and not a music file?

It was easier on my old voyager but I'm having trouble getting it on this phone.

When you save it as a MP3 it will think its a music file however you can set any song as your ring tone. Bring up up the song on the music player, hit menu, then set as ring tone.

boostedf4

Reaction score
Okay, so I can get ringtones and such on there, but I can't seem to get them to show up for the notifications...any help there? (I know, an older thread sorry)

edit: nevermind, figured it out

BilgeRat

Reaction score
Okay, so I can get ringtones and such on there, but I can't seem to get them to show up for the notifications...any help there? (I know, an older thread sorry)

edit: nevermind, figured it out

Share - please.

mike761

Reaction score
aRing

I'm running CyanogenMOD 6, but I found the notification sounds in /system/media/audio/notifications using Astro file manager. I can't figure out how to move the new files off my sd-card into that folder, but a free app called aRing (in the market) set the file for use as a notification without moving it. (I changed my .wav's to .ogg's using the free version of Switch from nchsoftware.com, not sure if I had to.)

Luv.that.root

Reaction score
Ringdroid, highly recommend it. P.s. I also suggest you try ShapeWriter. Best thing in my life since root.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk