Programs to mount /sdcard using wifi?

DavePDX

Reaction score
I ran into the same problem when trying to install the app suggested on x64 Win7 - it wouldn't install. I use Filezilla on my PC. It took me a while to figure out the proper configuration but it works well.

I made the mistake of trying to configure Filezilla while having my Droid still hooked up to my computer with the USB cord. When I tried to connect via wireless FTP it wouldn't connect. If the USB is hooked up and mounted it has sole control of the sd card and you can't access it by any other means than the USB. So make sure the USB is not mounted.

I use static IP's on my home network which is a prerequisite in the original article for the Droid's address. The settings I used in the Site Manager for Filezilla are:
General Tab
Host: 192.168.x.xxx Put your fixed IP address here for the Droid
Port: 2xxx Put your selected port number here
Logontype: Normal
User: your_username
Password: your_password
Advanced tab
Default local directory: d:\ Set your default directory on your computer for what you want it to be
Default remote directory: /sdcard Make sure you use the forward slash

I imagine that you can use any ftp client that you want as FTPServer is the server on the Droid.

Hope this helps.

Edited spelling.

SGTiger

Reaction score
I used to only use FTPServer on the Droid side and NetDrive on the PC side. Instructions are in a thread on this board.

However, I now use Estrongs file explorer on the Droid side to transfer all files. No software is required on the PC side. This means that you do all the work from the Droid. You can see all the computers on your network at home and transfer files out and back between the PC and the Droid.

Using Estrongs means you don't have to start up the FTPServer on the Droid and then go start up Netdrive on the computer. You simply start Estrongs on the Droid and begin browsing and copying and pasting. It is very fast and very easy to set up.

http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-estrongs-android-pop-znE.aspx

OP
X

Xunal

Reaction score
I messed around with EStrongs for about an hour and a half, and couldn't get it to connect to my PC. Kept telling me I had the wrong password and login, regardless of what I tried.

I did get Filezilla working though, and it seems to be an excellent solution, even if it does require a client running on both ends.

Thanks for the help guys. :icon_ banana:

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I can't get EStrong to connect to any of my shares, even an anonymous one I created to test it. If I specify anything more than an IP address, it always tells me it cannot be found.

EDIT: Got this working but ONLY with a Windows share. I was trying to connect to my NAS drive and my Mac which it seems to refuse connection with.

SGTiger

Reaction score
you cant mount windows shares with ES.

What? I browse windows shares with Estrongs all the time. You only have to tell your computer to allow file sharing. You don't even have to set up a folder's share because Estrongs sees the administrative shares. You'll be able to browse your computer's drive C.