HOWTO: Flash The Droid To Any Network (PRL)

Discussion in 'Tech Guides for root users' started by ObsidianX, Apr 25, 2010.

1. goochbuntu

goochbuntu New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    here is my site that made it has links to prl files a few i have used or taken off cricket phones http://cricketflash.co.cc/ i will be adding more prl soon if you have more cricket prls please pm me here and ill get them loaded up thanks

2. goochbuntu

goochbuntu New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my site update

i have uploaded instructions on how to flash a droid to cricket.. i have taken it from another website and changed it a bit since that worked good for me so far all i have is a problem with mms out going i can get mms but i just noticed today i couldnt send them..

cricketflash.co.cc has the prl files and so does http://droid.cricketflash.co.cc

i will be doing some further testing and will be loading the a nv file and qpst programing stright from a cricket android phone... basicly what im hoping is that i can get a easier flash to cricket by doing it and changing my instructions to make it easier to flash android phones to cricket.. hoping this works ill post in a few days. if i have success on this part :icon_ banana:

please visit the website i provided to get some cool prl files and if you have a droid , 2 and dx the steps their should help you and files i included should help to

3. goochbuntu

goochbuntu New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok this is what you need to do is get a different prl for metro you most likely need to find out a prl that works in fl and chicago with metro this may fix the problem you have the prl file you have may not be correct in one of those areas. if you need help loading prls i have a site but i dont have many prls for metro http://cricketflash.co.cc has some prls for metro but they are very old from 2004 so the web would have new ones that could support you service. but i have some stuff that can help you load new prls on your phone if you dont have them already

4. goochbuntu

goochbuntu New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    cricket yes you can flash it to cricket but not to boost.. boost will only allow sprint branded or boost branded phones only since its a sprint network they will follow what sprint allows only allowing their esns or meids this is the reason i left them to go to cricket... the only way to flash it to boost mobile is to change the meid to one of their esns. which qpst has the nvm folder locked not easy to change meids and its not really talked about on the web since its illegal to talk about cloning a phone even if its a meid you own.

as far as flashing to cricket or metro its not hard to do.. on cricket 42600 and 42700 are good prls that work all over the us.. but as far as metro i have no idea since i dont have there cool system in our area. i would love to have metro with the 4g possibilities..

hopefully sprint will start following the other cdma carriers and allowing non sprint phones on their network like verzion and cricket has those companies have listened to the courts and allowed the user to use the phones they own. as long as they have the correct programming

5. Takenover83

Takenover83 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can you clear this up for me? It's kinda vague. Can I just type any ol number there with any ol @ address on the end or what? For example, 2195555555@mycricket.com

I have not been up to cricket yet, I am trying to get my phone prepared to do so.

#29 Takenover83, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  6. jdrueb

jdrueb New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help, But still cant get past writing the prl. i actuly got it to take my 000000 code but now when i try and write the prl it said phone is not answering. im using cdma ws 2.7 and have followd all the instructions exactly as writen and it just wont work. yes its in diag mode. i just did a fresh root so there is no issue there. it just... wont take. i knwo someone has had this problem somewhere. HELP!

7. fbullet89

fbullet89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does this work for the droid x or no I really need to know can't affored to keep paying verison these rediciolus bills I just got one for 424 and I only have 2 phones on my plan droidx and lg ally. Please any info on how to flash these phones to metro pcs please pm were I can find these methods or explain in thread thank you

Droidx

8. Mandypants

Mandypants New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Metro PCS say it's illegal to flash phone????!!!!

Hi can some one please clear this up for me I am buying a Droid 2 but I am sick of Verizons outrageous costs. I wan to go to MPCS . When I called a Representative @ MPCS about it they says they do not allow it cause its illegal and they have contracts w/ other top wirless companies if they break them they will be closed. she began to tell me they have their own Droids for purchase now from LG and Samsung as she started to quote me the $100's price range for this :icon_evil:. I was lucky to get my droid pre-owned certified for $79-dancedroid so yeah that's not going to happen any day soon.
    So can any one tell me does this just sound like up sale BS or any one eles having probs w/ MPCS now?
    Oh and can you get Wifi hotspots on your Droid using MPCS if this still works?

9. wave

wave New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i try every last step and it still dont work wat can i be doing wrong wat is th rite prl

10. nikasont

nikasont New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Help please??

I'm having the same problem as this person had with it failing to send spc?? If anyone could please tell me what I'm doing wrong i'd really appreciate it. I've been trying to figure it out for at least an hour now... :confused:

11. obaidi2005

obaidi2005 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thank's for great job

12. pinkmini

pinkmini New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Search tags for this page
droid x boost mobile

droid x on boost mobile