Load PRL in Droid Global

ankitmania

Reaction score
Hi All, I am new to the "Android" world and I got my first Android phone i.e Droid 2 Global. I want to load PRL and get it working. Please excuse my ignorance but since I havent used an Android before I have little clue on how to root a phone or how to load PRL. My problems 1) I see only the emergency dialer screen. A friend of mine asked me to try ##program# . But the keypad only types numerics no alphanumerics :( 2) I have a trial version of CDMA workshop but dont know how to use it. If someone can help me with the screenshots or links to where I can find help :) Your help is appreciated.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
For the prl dial *228, option 2 when prompted. May take a few minutes, typically does not.

OP
A

ankitmania

Reaction score
thank you sir, but I dont live in the US..... will that still work ??

jpv190

Reaction score
that doesn't answer it! Use QPST 2.7 build 362 or up...

OP
A

ankitmania

Reaction score
Resolved. Thanks

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
A friend of mine asked me to try ##program# . But the keypad only types numerics no alphanumerics.

Ok first its ##program hit send, and of course its only numeric, why do you think the dialer of any cell phone, or any house phone has alphanumeric printed on the number keys, starting with 2 = ABC. :p How do you suppose your supposed to call 1-800-SAFE-AUTO for example. You dial 1-800-723-3288. ;) Anyways the programing menu isnt something to play with if you dont know what your doing, but if you search google for droid 2 global voice codec, you should find a tutorial on how to use the programing menu to change the codec used for your voice.

OP
A

ankitmania

Reaction score
With the help of few "service provider" friends i'm now able to understand the programming menu and play with it.

I didn't need to change the voice codec, just the MIN values Sid/nid values etc.

Now i've made my droid work on Reliance Cdma India network.

OP
A

ankitmania

Reaction score
interesting ... i will pm you to get more details about it

nkalyan

Reaction score
With the help of few "service provider" friends i'm now able to understand the programming menu and play with it.

I didn't need to change the voice codec, just the MIN values Sid/nid values etc.

Now i've made my droid work on Reliance Cdma India network.

Please provide me the SID / NID values that you have used. MIN is the mobile number, if not let me know what is the value for that field.

Reaction score
Why are you trying to flash a prl? If you still need to I can link you to a website I used to flash my Droid x and a Droid 2 global to cricket.

"Without man, there is no problem, no man no problem."

nkalyan

Reaction score
Looking to program my phone to Reliance CDMA in India

Why are you trying to flash a prl? If you still need to I can link you to a website I used to flash my Droid x and a Droid 2 global to cricket.

"Without man, there is no problem, no man no problem."

I am looking to program my phone to be used in Reliance CDMA in India. Hence I am looking for the SID/NID details to program the phone

OP
A

ankitmania

Reaction score
Hi, I did this a couple of months ago and now i have forgotten how I had made it work. Infact I will be selling my Droid Global next week. MIN - mobile number identification. This is different from phone number (msisdn,mdn). The service provider assigns this value to the phone number. Below are all the details you will require to program your phone to latch on to the Reliance India network but before that your MEID needs to be shoved into the Reliance network. 1) User activation MIN CDMA system ID 14655 2) Extended NAM MIN True IMSI CDMA system ID 14655 Country Code 404 CDMA network 65535 1st channel A 283 1st channel B 384 2nd channel A 691 2nd channel B 777 Emergency 1 911 Emergency 2 #911 Emergency 3 *911 Access overload class 0 SPC 000000 3)SID/NID pair SID/NID1 SID 14655 NID 65535

bips61223

Reaction score
Help needed!!!!!

Hi AAnkit
I ve bought a droid 2 global bought second hand.
now unable to get the right unlock code. Can't call verizon since I wasn't a customer. So no help from that side either.
Read that you have efficiently using the cdma through some procedure.
Can you please guide me through that process?

Thanks
Bipin