How would the galaxy nexus running jb fare against sgs3

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;W-cwLFnYvLw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-cwLFnYvLw&list=UUsW36751Gy-EAbHQwe9WBNw&index=6&feature=plcp[/video]

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;zk2CUO8ycoU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk2CUO8ycoU&list=UUsW36751Gy-EAbHQwe9WBNw&index=5&feature=plcp[/video]

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My opinion:

If you are into roms, rooting, and running new software the nexus is the best device for you. If you are an avg consumer who can care less about rooting just want a feature rich phone the sgs3 will suit you. But think its cool to see them both on screen together because I know customers are debating what they should do right now with gs3 around the corner.

RiceCake2000

Reaction score
Too bad about that injunction. The nexus will soon, if not already, disappear from the shelves. :'(

I swear no one see the correlation between the injunction and android 4.1 update. And then Samsung doesn't seem to care because they wanna sell the G3.

That's my 2 cents

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah I highly doubt the nexus will be pulled off the shelves. Lawyers going to lawyer it out and about time they do pull it (if that is the case) their will be a nw nexus released and enough current galaxy nexus that users who do want to buy them can easily find them on ebay, swappa, or another source.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Another excellent review by Aaron from Phonedog, always enjoy his reviews. Only thing is he likes to go over devices again, no matter how many times he's reviewed it (Nexus in this case), but I guess it's good for people who haven't seen other reviews.

A good comparison between the two (for part 2 at least). The SG3 seems like a really nice device and I really want to check it out in person when it releases. That PIP blew my mind, JB needs that or a developer needs to work on it (which would be awesome). So many times I'm watching a video or showing one off and a text message interrupts it. And as he said, a battery percentage is far more helpful than a battery icon in stock.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thanks for sharing PC, very nice review!

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
Was a great review. He missed out on a few bigger things in JB, and also repeated himself a lot.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Boy, props to Samsung on that GS3. Nice features and pretty darn fast! Wont have JB forever tho! :happy3:

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Boy, props to Samsung on that GS3. Nice features and pretty darn fast! Wont have JB forever tho! :happy3:

We know the gs3 will get jb and if its like we think where it wont have anything preventing devs from deving on it you will see a jb rom soon. All i know is the specs on ics is easily keeping up with jb on the gnex. So if jb was on sg3 imagine hoe much more kick butter will bring it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm just glad Aaron is getting more pro-Android finally.
Well he never did really hide the fact that iOS was his preferred choice, but he was pretty good about giving an unbias review, imo. However, it does seem he is enjoying Android more, especially the JB version

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just left Sprint about a hr ago.The SG3 is really a nice phone.Some of the pics came out better on the SG3 and some on the Nexus.Could tell a slight diff in color.I thought the 4.8 screen would make the Nexus screen seem small,but it didnt.The volume is alot louder then the Nexus.They must have herd our cry.I used a live wallpaper to see if there would be any lag,none whats so ever.The Nexus lags when I use live wallpapaers.As far as JB,I would think the SG3 would see itsomewhat fast with the relationship Samsung and Google have.JM2cents :biggrin:

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well he never did really hide the fact that iOS was his preferred choice, but he was pretty good about giving an unbias review, imo. However, it does seem he is enjoying Android more, especially the JB version
I made him an offer he couldnt refuse.The horse head in his bed really made a diff.:rofl3: