Galaxy Nexus gets Quadrant Benchmarked!

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by danDroid, Oct 19, 2011.

1. screaminz2002

screaminz2002 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Apple kind of hinted at that when defending the 4S. I would seriously doubt it but who knows what comes out 6 months from now.

2. DamirD1984

DamirD1984 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I too am concerned about the GPU. When I had the Bionic, it was noticeably slower at games, especially which used 2D backdrop and 3D moving objects, than my DX2 with the Tegra2.

anyone else noticed the total memory @ 1:46 minute mark on that phone?

only 646396 kB total only? If I remember right, the Bionic had bout 100ish MB more

3. elvis_marmaduke

Ratings:
    +0
    The gpu is my biggest concern, but ics also has hardware acceleration so that will help, but most new phones will probably be getting ics (esp for us modders), so that's not a big selling point lol

Everything was pretty amazing and beyond except the gpu lol what were they thinking? "hey what should we do with all these left over gpus from our nexus s phones? "

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

4. yiannis

yiannis Member

Ratings:
    +2
    My debloated Bionic gets 2250-2550. Seriously the higher resolution screens are an overkill for todays GPUs and CPUs. Just waiting to get ICS on my Bionic to see if performance improvements show. There is a lot of chatter about multiple cores being recognized, but I'll wait until we see real-world and synthetic benchmark comparisons.

5. Jeeper_Slick

Jeeper_Slick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My D3 does 2600 stock, and 2800 with the overclock. My Wife's Razr does 2800's stock.

Attached Files:

6. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    I ran a few tests, averaged about 1500 (after loading up 100 apps and a number of widgets).

FPS ran similar to my overclocked (1100) Droid and total score was around what I could get at 1200 or so on my D1. As mentioned, it's pushing much higher resolution. Also, I think that part 2 of the I/O test is really dragging it down because that takes FOREVER.

About 75mflops in linpack (for multi-threads). My D1 topped out around 18 I think.

7. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    The I/O part of the test.....Samsung isnt back to using the filesystem from the Galaxy S 1 are they? Or what else would effect that part of the test? Cant find any real info on the file system in the Galaxy Nexus except this:

EXT4 Support Comes to Galaxy Nexus With New ROM

Also...would the I/O part of the test be affected by no USB Mass Storage?

Galaxy Nexus Does NOT support USB Mass Storage - Guru3D.com Forums

I guess as long as it isnt effecting everyday use...like the file system was doing for some with the Galaxy S 1 it doesnt really matter.

8. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    maybe so....There's nothing to write to, so Quadrant probably just waits and waits until it times out/fails that part of the test. But I have no idea.

9. ex0rcist

ex0rcist Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Stock bionic. Minmax set to 1ghz. (Scaling) only "tweak"...but we all knew 4430 and 4460 r same stuff..

[​IMG]

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

10. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Apparently nobody read this because they are continuing the "my (insert phone name) gets 6000 on quadrant. Quadrant means jack anyway. Funny how folks think their phone is better than another based on their quad score lol.

sent from unlocked gnex

11. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    Don't forget, Quadrant scores on this device cannot be compared to anything else out there, due to the combination of TI OMAP chipset and 720p screen. It's pushing quite a few more pixels than a device such as the RAZR/Bionic.

12. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    The problem is that people put way too much stock in synthetic benchmarks (also a problem in the world of PC's). A good illustration of how useless a synthetic benchmark really is can be found in the Quadrant test with the planets. My Bionic can barely muster 15FPS on this test. The same exact test runs at close to 60FPS on my LG Optimus V.

Search tags for this page

galaxy nexus quadrant

galaxy nexus quadrant score

galaxy nexus quadrant standard
nexus quadrant
quadrant standard galaxy nexus
samsung galaxy nexus quadrant
samsung galaxy nexus quadrant benchmark
samsung galaxy nexus quadrant standard