1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How to use a T-mobile prepaid SIM card on Verizon XT912?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by nerflirui, Jan 20, 2013.

1. nerflirui

nerflirui New Member

Phone model is Motorola XT 912, initially in 4G LTE plan. I now realized I'm not using it as a web browser at all and just wanna avoid wasting dollars on monthly payment by using a T-mobile prepaid plan SIM card.

The problem is: when I start the phone, it shows "This SIM card is from an unknown sourse", with a full-screen white background (notice it is not "the phone needs a SIM card to operate", which means it actually detected the SIM just can't use it). And when click "OK" and proceed, I cannot make any calls because it tells me "Outgoing calls are restricted by FDN". Also, when the screen is locked I see "Verizon Wireless|No SIM card." on top of the clock.

So could anyone please help me with this matter? I'd really appreciate it.
  2. jackiescivic

jackiescivic Active Member

I would assume you need to get the phone unlocked, since T-Mobile is GSM and Verizon is CDMA
  3. nerflirui

nerflirui New Member

Hmm what exactly is the 'unlock' you are suggesting? I checked out unlocking SIM locks with code, but there is no screen showing 'enter SIM code' or something when I plug in foreign SIM card, just a white screen showing 'SIM card from unknown source'... It will be much easier if it's a SIM lock problem :p
Search tags for this page

droid razr prepaid sim card

droid razr xt912 on t mobile
droid razr xt912 on tmobile
droid razr xt912 prepaid

how to unlock droid razr xt912 for tmobile

motorola xt912 prepaid

sim card from unknown source

sim card is from an unknown source

this sim card is from an unknown source

unlock droid razr xt912 for tmobile

xt912 on tmobile