How to use a T-mobile prepaid SIM card on Verizon XT912?

nerflirui

Reaction score
Phone model is Motorola XT 912, initially in 4G LTE plan. I now realized I'm not using it as a web browser at all and just wanna avoid wasting dollars on monthly payment by using a T-mobile prepaid plan SIM card.

The problem is: when I start the phone, it shows "This SIM card is from an unknown sourse", with a full-screen white background (notice it is not "the phone needs a SIM card to operate", which means it actually detected the SIM just can't use it). And when click "OK" and proceed, I cannot make any calls because it tells me "Outgoing calls are restricted by FDN". Also, when the screen is locked I see "Verizon Wireless|No SIM card." on top of the clock.

So could anyone please help me with this matter? I'd really appreciate it.

OP
N

nerflirui

Reaction score
Phone model is Motorola XT 912, initially in 4G LTE plan. I now realized I'm not using it as a web browser at all and just wanna avoid wasting dollars on monthly payment by using a T-mobile prepaid plan SIM card.

The problem is: when I start the phone, it shows "This SIM card is from an unknown sourse", with a full-screen white background (notice it is not "the phone needs a SIM card to operate", which means it actually detected the SIM just can't use it). And when click "OK" and proceed, I cannot make any calls because it tells me "Outgoing calls are restricted by FDN". Also, when the screen is locked I see "Verizon Wireless|No SIM card." on top of the clock.

So could anyone please help me with this matter? I'd really appreciate it.

OP
N

nerflirui

Reaction score
btw it didn't ask me to enter SIM unlock code anyware, so SIM unlock code may not be the problem

OP
N

nerflirui

Reaction score
I would assume you need to get the phone unlocked, since T-Mobile is GSM and Verizon is CDMA

Hmm what exactly is the 'unlock' you are suggesting? I checked out unlocking SIM locks with code, but there is no screen showing 'enter SIM code' or something when I plug in foreign SIM card, just a white screen showing 'SIM card from unknown source'... It will be much easier if it's a SIM lock problem :p