droid mini sim card issue

kinneyclan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid mini
Bought a new Verizon droid mini for my son for college from Ebay. Supposed to be brand new, never used. Looked fine out of the box. I know nothing about anything tech-y so we're in big trouble here. Took it to both a Radio Shack and a Verizon dealer and they couldn't get the phone to work. They put the sim card in and they both got an error message that said that something was not compatible with the device? (They never shared, I could only read that much on the screen). Now I don't know what to do. All we wanted was a pay as you go plan, the cheapest one out there, for him for college and now we're told the phone is probably no good? I read somewhere that others tried other brand sim cards and they worked. Is that a possible solution? Any ideas?? Please help!!!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have also bought & sold a few phones on-line..luckily always successful. I'm not sure why the Verizon rep did not share all the information with you about exactly what was wrong. First...I would go back to Verizon and try a different rep...even ask for the manager if need be. Find out exactly why the phone will not activate. If there definitely is a problem with the phone, was it covered under the E-Bay Buyer Protection program? Try to contact the seller if the phone will not activate & see what they can do. Reputable sellers will typically work with you, they want good ratings. If all else fails, contact E-Bay about the Buyer Protection Program (if the phone was covered) and they typically are very helpful.

P

promo87

Bought a new Verizon droid mini for my son for college from Ebay. Supposed to be brand new, never used. Looked fine out of the box. I know nothing about anything tech-y so we're in big trouble here. Took it to both a Radio Shack and a Verizon dealer and they couldn't get the phone to work. They put the sim card in and they both got an error message that said that something was not compatible with the device? (They never shared, I could only read that much on the screen). Now I don't know what to do. All we wanted was a pay as you go plan, the cheapest one out there, for him for college and now we're told the phone is probably no good? I read somewhere that others tried other brand sim cards and they worked. Is that a possible solution? Any ideas?? Please help!!!

Well, I would say why don't you try giving a call to the ebay customer support that device is not working. I am sure they are going to send the replacement out !