How to update phone after root?

cj1896

Reaction score
So I have had my Tbolt for about 1 month. I rooted it as soon as I got it and now with work and such I have fallen behind on the development. What do I need to flash to bring this up to date? I know there was an OTA issued by verizon which updated the radios and some bug fixes. But I do not know what I need to flash to get this to that point. If I flash one of the latest roms do I need to do the radio separately or will it update the radio as well? I am not a noob just have been really busy and I need to get this back up to snuff.

Thanks

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So I have had my Tbolt for about 1 month. I rooted it as soon as I got it and now with work and such I have fallen behind on the development. What do I need to flash to bring this up to date? I know there was an OTA issued by verizon which updated the radios and some bug fixes. But I do not know what I need to flash to get this to that point. If I flash one of the latest roms do I need to do the radio separately or will it update the radio as well? I am not a noob just have been really busy and I need to get this back up to snuff.

Thanks

the latest update pushed by verizon is causing some to have reboots and GPS lock issues (which the gps is usually corrected using GPS status and toolbox on market).

If I were you, I would not do anything yet. Just leave it rooted. If you wish to restore it back to stock...I would wait until the OTA fix is pushed...then just restore your original backup, unroot your phone...and allow the OTA to push. Then you will be stock, unrooted, and have the latest OTA.

If you unroot now...you will be stuck with whatever version you have as your original nandroid...and have to wait for the next OTA anyway.

Personally, Das bamf remix 1.6.3 is great. Has the latest ota base 1.13.605.7
i recommend flashing that and then wait for OTA to come.

Since flashing das bamf..I have not had any reboots...gps locks even more instantly than it did after the status and toolbox fix on stock.

Even if an OTA comes out for stock...I dont think I will return to stock. Debloat...power widgets in the notifcation pulldown, better theme/imagery on the rooted version. That and there is already a GB alpha for the TB.

Might as well just wait a bit...then when GB gets more stable...we will be having GB and streaming netflix....while all these other whiners are griping about how crappy this phone is because of the latest OTA update. Hell....im actually kinda glad about it...maybe it will drive the price of the TB down...and my girlfriend can upgrade to one when she is due this year. Unless something better comes along.

Im honestly impressed with this phone. Despite the bitter taste in my mouth from the OTA vzw spoon fed me...and a few reboots...and a pretty lengthy (yet easy to follow) root process....Ill say that there is no better phone for me on the vzw lineup.

wooddale

Reaction score
So if you wait and get the leaked gingerbread (the ones they are working on) you will still have the upodate and wont have to reroot? If I got the OTA I would only root again anyway so you kinda omit the middle man. I did the RUU about 3 wks ago my baseband is1.16.00.0402w-1 is that the latest one? Im not hasving reboots but gps dont work worth a crap. Maps puts me about 1/2 mile or so from my house.

OP
cj1896

cj1896

Reaction score
So I should update the rom but not apply the RUU update? I don't want to lose root. SetCPU is the only way to get this thing to keep its charge for a sufficient amount of time.

wooddale

Reaction score
So I should update the rom but not apply the RUU update? I don't want to lose root. SetCPU is the only way to get this thing to keep its charge for a sufficient amount of time.

You could try Im on bamf1.6.3 and its working good gps sucks but no reboots and battery life is good as its ever been (not thats good but good as).

jaxenroth

Reaction score
Rocking 1.6.3 remix with imo's special kernel 2.5 something and got the 1700 mah batteries from Amazon. My phone f'n rocks. Have CPU @ 1222 inactivex and I am getting 16hrs of the battery. Very very slight lag when phone wakes up, but its well worth the trade off. Tried bamf gb rom today, while nice, it was too buggy for me. I don't know how this applies to your question. But I'm drunk and this is how my phone is set up right now. Sorry if this was dumb.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Jacob9424

Reaction score

Thanks

the latest update pushed by verizon is causing some to have reboots and GPS lock issues (which the gps is usually corrected using GPS status and toolbox on market).

If I were you, I would not do anything yet. Just leave it rooted. If you wish to restore it back to stock...I would wait until the OTA fix is pushed...then just restore your original backup, unroot your phone...and allow the OTA to push. Then you will be stock, unrooted, and have the latest OTA.

If you unroot now...you will be stuck with whatever version you have as your original nandroid...and have to wait for the next OTA anyway.

Personally, Das bamf remix 1.6.3 is great. Has the latest ota base 1.13.605.7
i recommend flashing that and then wait for OTA to come.

Since flashing das bamf..I have not had any reboots...gps locks even more instantly than it did after the status and toolbox fix on stock.

Even if an OTA comes out for stock...I dont think I will return to stock. Debloat...power widgets in the notifcation pulldown, better theme/imagery on the rooted version. That and there is already a GB alpha for the TB.

Might as well just wait a bit...then when GB gets more stable...we will be having GB and streaming netflix....while all these other whiners are griping about how crappy this phone is because of the latest OTA update. Hell....im actually kinda glad about it...maybe it will drive the price of the TB down...and my girlfriend can upgrade to one when she is due this year. Unless something better comes along.

Im honestly impressed with this phone. Despite the bitter taste in my mouth from the OTA vzw spoon fed me...and a few reboots...and a pretty lengthy (yet easy to follow) root process....Ill say that there is no better phone for me on the vzw lineup.

So question...if an ota comes out and I stay on liquid thundersense, is it possible I could just wait for liquid to put the update into a Rom or is that impossible?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
cj1896

cj1896

Reaction score
Yes, they can cook a rom from the OTA.

OP
cj1896

cj1896

Reaction score
What's the consensus on the radios? Should I flash them?