Now that I finally rooted this baby

AlexSB

Reaction score
I'm a little confused as what to do next, Back on the D2 I didn't have to worry about "radios" and I would flash through clockwork.

I rooted through ADB (using a guide over on Thunderbolt Forums, +1 and thank you), and part of the process was flashing the MR1 radio. Here's the guide

[RS Guide] How to Root Your Thunderbolt

I saw a recent update to Sense 3.0 BAMF ROM, so I'm thinking about flashing that, I also have ROM Manager downloaded.

So my question is, what do I do next? Do I need to download a different radio? Flash the radio or the ROM first? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

dark juggalo

Reaction score
yes you will need a differnt radio for the GB roms,you can find them here...[RADIOS]MR2 and MR2.5 radios - xda-developers

Download Rom Manager and open, flash clockwork recovery,
Put the GB Rom of your choice (named whatever.zip),
and the GB radio (named PG05IMG.zip) on the root (not in any folders) of your sdcard,
boot to recovery,
make a backup,
when that's done wipe data/factory reset,
install zip from sdcard, choose zip,
find the Rom from the list,
when it's done,
battery pull,
boot phone while holding down on volume,
a white screen will appear and scan for the PG05IMG.zip,
press volume up when it says to update,
reboot when done.

OP
AlexSB

AlexSB

Reaction score
yes you will need a differnt radio for the GB roms,you can find them here...[RADIOS]MR2 and MR2.5 radios - xda-developers

and the GB radio (named PG05IMG.zip) on the root (not in any folders) of your sdcard,
boot to recovery,
make a backup,
when it's done,
battery pull,
reboot when done.

Thanks a lot for the detailed response man ill be flashing it real soon after I download the radio. I know has probably been asked before, but why the battery pull? I member we never had to do that on D2

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

o0ManOfWar0o

Reaction score
The battery pull is so you can boot into that white screen and not taking the chance to mess up the phone because the gb roms have to be run with those radios. I don't really do the battery pull, instead i just flash the radio first, but i wont have service until i install the gb rom.

OP
AlexSB

AlexSB

Reaction score
The battery pull is so you can boot into that white screen and not taking the chance to mess up the phone because the gb roms have to be run with those radios. I don't really do the battery pull, instead i just flash the radio first, but i wont have service until i install the gb rom.

That makes sense. I think I'll stick to the battery pull method it doesn't really bother me. This rom is really nice im loving it already!

AWESOMEbolt

eober

Reaction score
Sorry for the thread jack, but I tried the .627 radio, and my 3/4G signal is not up to snuff...my question is, if I flash the MR2 and keep the current ROM, is it necessary to wipe?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

OP
AlexSB

AlexSB

Reaction score
I don't think it's necessary to wipe, because when I flashed the ROM, the next step was a battery pull and reboot with volume down and it updated the radio automatically (no wipe necessary)

AWESOMEbolt

eober

Reaction score
I don't think it's necessary to wipe, because when I flashed the ROM, the next step was a battery pull and reboot with volume down and it updated the radio automatically (no wipe necessary)

AWESOMEbolt

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

mj23

Reaction score

boot to recovery,
make a backup,
when it's done,
battery pull,
reboot when done.

wow, i've been looking all over for simplified instructies on how to install a rom and a radio.

thank you so much

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL

boot to recovery,
make a backup,
when it's done,
battery pull,
reboot when done.

wow, i've been looking all over for simplified instructies on how to install a rom and a radio.

thank you so much

Agreed, it's way too hard to find the easy information. Everyone says "just flash the rom, just update the radio" etc, but finding the actual steps were hard. This worked flawlessly, I don't know if I over looked where these insturctiosn are elsewhere, but, finally was able to get a custom rom on, Thanks for that post.

OP
AlexSB

AlexSB

Reaction score
I'm glad that my thread has the answers, I look back here just for his one post! You should make a thread, copy and paste your post, and get it sticky.

AWESOMEbolt Tapatalkin'