[HOW TO] Sipdroid- Free VOIP using Google Voice ---- Credit to DXF Member Snow02

SDI

Reaction score
Um I still can not download any form of sip that has the tab at the bottom to link google voice to it? I even went to pboxes.org and created a account and still nothing? Can you post the sip apk here since it is free and see if that helps? I have tried several versions of google voice with no luck?

So what do you do if your sipdroid app is not displaying the button at the bottom to link to a gv account?
The O/P has been updated to address this issue -

Snow02

Reaction score
You have to install google voice before sipdroid. Then the link to pbxes button will show up when you open sipdroid.

Snow02

Reaction score
got it working great, but can't receive calls. is there a setting im missing?

So you can place calls, but not receive them? What happens when you try to dial your google voice number?

SDI

Reaction score
I have tried it with every google voice APK out and neither shows up with a box at the bottom

You have to install google voice before sipdroid. Then the link to pbxes button will show up when you open sipdroid.

fuzz1

Reaction score
so i got gv on my xoom but when trying to sign in it only shows number from my cell phone. so naturally i went to my gv account and tried to add my xoom #but how am i supposed to verify it if i cant receive calls? im stuck, or do i not need my xoom # and just use my cell?

Snow02

Reaction score
so i got gv on my xoom but when trying to sign in it only shows number from my cell phone. so naturally i went to my gv account and tried to add my xoom #but how am i supposed to verify it if i cant receive calls? im stuck, or do i not need my xoom # and just use my cell?

Use your cell. Just make sure you go into google voice settings on your computer sms uncheck your cell once you get everything set up.

Snow02

Reaction score
I have tried it with every google voice APK out and neither shows up with a box at the bottom

Dude, you install the google voice app, run it, go through the setup to add your google voice number. Then open sipdroid, which will have the link to pbxes button.

Morlince

Reaction score
I installed it, it works and i have to say.

Epic WINNING!!!
charlie%20sheen.jpg

jayxpx

Reaction score
just got google voice up and running on the xoom which seems to be a step in the right direction! Now i downloaded sipdroid from the market. once i click sipdroid for the first time, it brings me to the grey screen with 2 boxes (phone number and call party address) with a box in the top right. there is nothing at the bottom of this page. I go into settings and basically just add a username and password. That is as far as i can get. i cant get sipdroid to link to my google voice. I then went to pbxes.org and i am totally lost there, it doesnt recognize anything of mine either. Any help?

Morlince

Reaction score
You have google voice completely set up on your xoom, you have gone through the whole process online and got a number not just vm? You have to have gone through all of it, and have a google voice number, if you just do vm only it doesnt work.

Snow02

Reaction score
just got google voice up and running on the xoom which seems to be a step in the right direction! Now i downloaded sipdroid from the market. once i click sipdroid for the first time, it brings me to the grey screen with 2 boxes (phone number and call party address) with a box in the top right. there is nothing at the bottom of this page. I go into settings and basically just add a username and password. That is as far as i can get. i cant get sipdroid to link to my google voice. I then went to pbxes.org and i am totally lost there, it doesnt recognize anything of mine either. Any help?

No, if you have anything in the username and password, in the sipdroid settings, you will definitely not have the link to pbxes button show up. When you set up the pbxes link in sipdroid, it will fill in the authorized username and password for you. You don't have to go to pbxes site either.

You have to have a google voice number, once you install google voice and open it, you have to add your account to it and go all the way through the google voice setup. Then open sipdroid (again, make sure the authorized username and password in the sipdroid settings are blank) and the button will show up.

fuzz1

Reaction score
dang this ones got me. im pretty good at following instructions, but its still not working. dl'd gv, set it all up, installed sipdroid, added account w button on bottom, but whenever i try making a call it either hangs up almost instantly, or will just sit there and not do anything. ive gone into the settings and turned on wifi, 3g, tried while connected only to wifi, then 3g. i would love to get this setup, id use it everyday. some additional help would be f***n awesome! thx

jayxpx

Reaction score
dang this ones got me. im pretty good at following instructions, but its still not working. dl'd gv, set it all up, installed sipdroid, added account w button on bottom, but whenever i try making a call it either hangs up almost instantly, or will just sit there and not do anything. ive gone into the settings and turned on wifi, 3g, tried while connected only to wifi, then 3g. i would love to get this setup, id use it everyday. some additional help would be f***n awesome! thx

i feel like im the same way...struggling here to even get the link at the bottom to show up...i feel like i setup google voice completely other than calling that number (because i cant call with this device). I will try again when i get home from work but any further help would be great...can anyone post a link to the market app for sipdroid? I might be downloading the wrong one or something...clueless!

Morlince

Reaction score
So, first have it call your normal cell phone when it initially sets up google voice. After you have it set up you can go online and change it around. When you go to dial a number from sip droid dont worry about that top text box, just put the number to dial in the bottom box. That took me a little bit to figure out but now it works. Try that. Hopefully i'm telling you right. :)

Morlince

Reaction score
Here is the Google voice APK that i used. When you download it change the .zip extension to .apk. It's what worked for me. That the one from the other forums that was posted a page back.