[HOW TO] Sipdroid- Free VOIP using Google Voice ---- Credit to DXF Member Snow02

fuzz1

Reaction score
After you have it set up you can go online and change it around.

what exactly do u change around online? and u mean change things in gv online?

-i really appreciate this help!!!

jayxpx

Reaction score
I second this question! do you have to be rooted for this to work?

SDI

Reaction score
I dont know what it is about this but I am pretty good at following directions to and i have loaded all the gv apks out there and then sip droid and there is still no box at the bottom???? I have a google voice number and everything It cant be that hard

Snow02

Reaction score
I dont know what it is about this but I am pretty good at following directions to and i have loaded all the gv apks out there and then sip droid and there is still no box at the bottom???? I have a google voice number and everything It cant be that hard

You're right, it's not that hard. It can't really be explained any more clearly.

So, to simplify things, anyone that's having a problem, just pm me a way to reach you by voice, either skype or a phone number, and we'll get it working in just a few minutes time.

pb4uxplode

Reaction score
Hmm... I managed to get everything set up on GV and SIPDroid, but for some reason whenever I try to make a call through SIPDroid, it says my call cannot be completed and to please try again... any suggestions?

Morlince

Reaction score
Just a question are you putting the number to be dialed in the top or bottom text box? It's supposed to go in the bottom one just in case and leave the top blank.

Snow02

Reaction score
Just a question are you putting the number to be dialed in the top or bottom text box? It's supposed to go in the bottom one just in case and leave the top blank.

Actually, phone numbers are entered in the top, sip addresses (such as skype addresses) in the bottom. But it may work either way.

Morlince

Reaction score
Actually until you said that I didn't know you could
Alternate the boxes... I had always put numbers only in
the bottom and it works for me so sorry I put that wrong
but to me it was right. :)

evilssj4

Reaction score
My OG Droid got busted, i can turn on the phone and all n i can receive calls but the display is all black it doesn't turn on...I went to verizon, they said my manufacture warranty has expired but i do have the warranty i pay 6 bucks a month..but to replace my Droid i will have to pay 100 bucks and i just dont want to pay money to replace it. If im going to spend money I want a new phone...but I REALLY want the motorola xoom, with this method of sipdroid and google voice, can i somehow just replace my phone in a way? I mean it is kind of silly that i will have to carry the thing around but of course i wont b able to carry it when im at a club, amusement part ect ect...what do you guys think? Because the thunderbolt isnt catching my attention.

steveliv

Reaction score
I'm not sure what i am doing wrong here.

I installed GV, no problems. However when I run sipdroid and click on New PBX linked to my GV, I can't do step 5 because I don't see the last field labeled sipdroid password on my xoom. Any reason why it would not be there?

When i login into the created pbxes account, i have no extensions and no trunks.

Last edited:

Snow02

Reaction score
They've updated sipdroid since that screen shot. You just enter your gmail password for the account listed. That's it.

steveliv

Reaction score
I did that, and the pbxes account gets created but the extensions and trunks sections are empty. Then I believe I see an error about not being able to connect.

Snow02

Reaction score
Try again, use a different pbxes account name. Probably just flaked on the setup.

Unless, the gmail account listed in the pbxes setup is not the one your google voice account is under. That could cause a problem as well.

Your inability to connect is because there's no extension set up.

Yue

Reaction score
Google voice is installed.

SIPdroid is installed.

I set up an account, screwed it up, and did so again with a different username, but the same google voice account.

Neither of them work. When I try to log into either of the accounts on bpxes.com, they show no extensions or trunks. SIPdroid no longer shows the "connect to google voice" option.

I'm going to go lay down now, and hope someone'll have posted an answer when I get back. I'm wondering if I could just manually put in all the information it wants, but then I'd need to work out WHAT information the sipdroid registration does...