How to root an X2?

MattHenson20

Reaction score
Sbf

From what I've read so far, it looks like your going to have to SBF to factory settings, I would wait a little longer before I messed with MotoBlur, these phones(x and X2) look similar, but under the hood they are completely different

K33pw1shen

Reaction score
Hey just wanted to let people know if you look for k33pw1shen on YouTube I've been working on how to videos and my webpage is linked to it so you can read as well as watch how to do these things.... the sbf flash video and installation and review of minimalx will be up soon

mstotsky

Reaction score
X2 noob

Whats up everybody? Im new to the forum so be gentle. I just rooted my X2 with Gingerbreak and now I am officially running the V^ supercharger script. First question, how do I check status of my supercharger because it seems to need a higher setting. I have it now running on 3 - but not aggresive and wanted to hear what you guys thought. Second, what is CyanogenMod? It seems to be popular amongst supercharged folks.

I appreciate any advice offered.

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Whats up everybody? Im new to the forum so be gentle. I just rooted my X2 with Gingerbreak and now I am officially running the V^ supercharger script. First question, how do I check status of my supercharger because it seems to need a higher setting. I have it now running on 3 - but not aggresive and wanted to hear what you guys thought. Second, what is CyanogenMod? It seems to be popular amongst supercharged folks.

I appreciate any advice offered.

If You're Running Update8 Which You Should Be, It's Option 1.

"Cyanogenmod is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for select Android devices.
Intended as a replacement for the software (also known as the "firmware" or "ROM") that comes factory installed on your smartphone, CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project"

More Reading Can Be Found Here:
What is CyanogenMod - CyanogenMod Wiki

Good Luck.

xmguy

Reaction score
Used Gingerbreak 1.2 worked great for me. Used the APK. I think there is a PC version too.