Thinking of Rooting my X2

ck3jr

Reaction score
Hello peeps, I'm thinking of rooting my x2 and I wanted to know if there is a video that anyone suggest to watch or basic instructions to read on this. I rooted the original droid when it was out but thats been a while and I'm not to sure I remember all the steps to doing it without bricking my phone. I've had other droid phones since then but never wanted to root because of warranty issues. So if anyone is willing to help a rookie out with this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks Chad

Also running 2.3.4 Android Version on the x2

OP
ck3jr

ck3jr

Reaction score
Got it and thx again.. Is there anything else I need to do after I have installed Liberty3? Anything to speed the phone up more and themes?

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't use liberty because it doesn't have data roaming. But I can tell you a few tricks.

In rom toolbox go to build prop tweaks and set everything like this:
62166e84-acc4-3d68.jpg

Then goto the build prop editor, tap the pencil in the top right corner and scroll all the way to the bottom (be very careful not to accidentally change anything) and add a new line. Make sure it's exact, I recommend you copy and paste it!

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

Then tap save. After that reboot, if you didn't mess up it should boot fine and be quicker!

Sent from my Android device.

Last edited:
OP
ck3jr

ck3jr

Reaction score
Not to sure on the data roaming never used it, should I? Which rom r u using or do u suggest to use? I'm running 2.3.4 version.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
ck3jr

ck3jr

Reaction score
I don't use liberty because it doesn't have data roaming. But I can tell you a few tricks.

In rom toolbox go to build prop tweaks and set everything like this:
62166e84-acc4-3d68.jpg

Then goto the build prop editor, tap the pencil in the top right corner and scroll all the way to the bottom (be very careful not to accidentally change anything) and add a new line. Make sure it's exact, I recommend you copy and paste it!

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

Then tap save. After that reboot, if you didn't mess up it should boot fine and be quicker!

Can't find where to add a line, I scroll to the bottom but all I see is the build: prop line at the top.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can't find where to add a line, I scroll to the bottom but all I see is the build: prop line at the top.

Just like this
aefdf730-6ad4-60a3.jpg

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just like this
aefdf730-6ad4-60a3.jpg

Scroll to the bottom of contents.

Easiest way to do this is tap in contents once to bring up the keyboard and the cursor positioning tab. Grab the positioning tab and drag it towards the bottom of the screen and hold it there till you've scrolled to the bottom. Then add the line, press the back key once to hide the keyboard and tap save.

Remember add the line exactly and don't edit anything else or accidentally change anything,, if you do you could cause a boot loop.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok I'll try this when I get home tonight. What rom r u running? And thx again!

Eclipse 2.0.2 with the same mods I told you to do. Except I disabled all the cpu mods that comes with eclipse.

OP
ck3jr

ck3jr

Reaction score
Eclipse 2.0.2 with the same mods I told you to do. Except I disabled all the cpu mods that comes with eclipse.

Can eclipse 2.0.2 still be found and is it 2.3.4 or 2.3.5? If I put eclipse on is it just a wipe data and install or do I have to do the sbf revert back to stock deal?

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score