How to restore TB to stock ROM?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have gone round and round with this phone. My girlfriend was not happy with it, so I convinced her to let us try different ROM's. None of them have worked that well. We tried some really nice ones(CM7, Gingeritis, BAMF Cubed, Liquid Gingersense 3.0, etc...) and while they all looked great and had nice features, there is always some glitch, some area that doesn't feel quite right, etc... It was as I feared, that while ROMs can be fun and open up the phone to new things, the reality is that they are usually works in progress, they have bugs, you have to stay on top of them and look for updates and things like that, which may be fine for us, but it isn't for a lot of people.

So is there a stock GB ROM that I can restore to, almost like I would SBF on my old DX? That was she can be back to stock, she can get the OTA updates and stuff, and maybe all I will do is root it so that she can run apps that require that?

She likes the eye candy, the themes, the ability to customize the phone and all that, but we just haven't found a ROM that runs as well as we had hoped. I found the GB based CM7 nightlies from RevNumbers for my DX and that was the ROM that finally did it for me, that was the one that really worked well and I stuck with till I sold it to get a Razr. But she has found no such ROM for the TB and wants to go back to stock for now.

SO what is the easiest way to do that?

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Been searching and searching and I cannot figure this out. With the DX there is the easy SBF route. With the TB, most of what I am reading says that if I download the completely stock RUU file and try to use the bootloader to flash it on a rooted phone, that it will brick it.

There has to be a way to just restore a phone to its true stock form, isn't there? Is there not some .zip file that you can put on the SD card, and when you flash it, it just completely wipes out the phone and puts the stock ROM back on like it just came out of the box? Something that won't brick it, and will allow you to get OTA updates as if you never rooted or ROM'd in in the first place?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Search RootzWiki for the 2.11.605.5 stock ROM. It is the rooted version of the latest OTA.

sent from my bolt

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, we found the last Froyo one. I wanted it truly stock, flashed from HBoot, not Recovery.

Now my question is, when is the GB OTA gonna hit this phone? We checked for updates, and nothing. Phone is totally stock now.

rbw62

Reaction score
No one can tell you that....just wait, wait some more, then wait. I have been waiting about 3 weeks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums