Need advice from MAC users....Don't want to return TB for Iphone.....Need help!

atwnsw

Reaction score
My wife and I bought 2 TB yesterday per my suggestion. I am a windows 7 user w/ outlook. She is a mac user with ical, address book, etc....and has a ME.com email address. Presently we both have older BB that allows us to sync using our different platforms.

My personal philosophy on phones is that we always should have the same phone so that we can help each other learn/tech support/etc... She isn't very good with technology and I am pathetic on the mac.

I just assumed that there would by 3rd party sync software that would allow her TB to sync with her Mac. However, my initial research last night indicated that what 3rd party software exists will such as spanningsync.com will no longer work after May 5 when mobileme goes to a cloud system.

Is there a way for mac users to sync their calendar, contact, tasks and email (me.com address) with an android platform?

Otherwise, I will be returning both TB for the Iphone 4. What really sucks is that I like the idea of the speed of the TB and flexibility.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Anthony

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My wife and I bought 2 TB yesterday per my suggestion. I am a windows 7 user w/ outlook. She is a mac user with ical, address book, etc....and has a ME.com email address. Presently we both have older BB that allows us to sync using our different platforms.

My personal philosophy on phones is that we always should have the same phone so that we can help each other learn/tech support/etc... She isn't very good with technology and I am pathetic on the mac.

I just assumed that there would by 3rd party sync software that would allow her TB to sync with her Mac. However, my initial research last night indicated that what 3rd party software exists will such as spanningsync.com will no longer work after May 5 when mobileme goes to a cloud system.

Is there a way for mac users to sync their calendar, contact, tasks and email (me.com address) with an android platform?

Otherwise, I will be returning both TB for the Iphone 4. What really sucks is that I like the idea of the speed of the TB and flexibility.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Anthony

You not only have an Android phone, you have a Google phone. That's your key.

You set up a gmail account and you can sync that with your mail account. Then you sync Google Calendar with your Mac Calendar. All of this is done on line, preferably with a computer.

I have a Mac and have no issues syncing calendar or contacts. My email account it gmail however and that might be a little tricky for you to transfer contacts, but gmail provides help to show you how to do this. Basically, you create CSV files and transfer them over to Gmail. Then all your contacts are set up.

There is no need to get an iPhone. If you need additional assistance, go into your contacts in gmail and press help. It will give you instructions for just about everything.

Hope that helps.

-hook

jessemhess

Reaction score
We'll as you know the phones are based off of the android OS. So that being said they operate off of the Google Cloud. Their are sync applications for windows, not sure about mac but I'm sure there is, to sync outlook with Google calendar. In the end though the easiest solution is to start using Google calendar. It's really nice, I love it. And no matter where you are, you have access to it.

greyghost04

Reaction score
My Thunderbolt is completely compatible with all my Mac's and Powerbooks. The advice on this post is good advice.
BTW, when I plug into my Mac an error message comes up saying 'Not compatible'. Hit 'Ignore' and it works perfectly.

crabbybahstid

Reaction score
I think that THIS is what you're looking for. I'm using MissingSync on an older Mac iBook and a CrackBerry. Works like a champ. I don't want to do OTA syncs when/if I go to a Droid-based phone. The folks at MarkSpace tell me that MissingSync works on the TB. For notes and the calendar, you need two free apps from Fliq, but they sync with the onboard Mac notes and Calendar. Contacts sync without a separate app. You have to do the first sync via the USB, but after that, it works by BlueTooth. There is also SyncMate out there, but I don't know anything about it, other than there's a free version and a more fully-featured paid version.

HTH, and good luck with the new TBs!