How to use the stock android dialer?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend loves the TB, but she hates the stupid Sense dialer. It is not as straight forward as the stock dialer that my DX had with either Froyo or Gingerbread.

Mine has the dialer keypad at the bottom and I can click at the top to either see Recent, Contacts, Favorites, etc...

Her's is just a screen of her most recent calls with a dial pad partially covering the bottom half, and if she wants to get to contacts it is several keystrokes or she has to go to contacts directly, scroll through the list and then call them.

In any event, the dialer that comes stock with Android is way better than the clunky one that HTC uses.

So, how do I get her's to be like the stock one?

AllenEllis

Reaction score
I don't know how to remove it, but I will say that a really cool features of the sense dialer is that you can start typing the name of the person using the dial pad, and it will search through your contacts for results. So instead of separately bringing up a contacts list and scrolling, you can just punch out the first three letters or so and usually find it.

Swiftly keyed from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

1android

Reaction score
its just like any new phone. Take some time to play with it and get used to it. Its not as simple as the droid X dialer but once you learn it, it really isn't that bad