1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How to Remove Superuser.apk?

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by fizik, Sep 28, 2010.

1. fizik

fizik New Member

Hey guys, I had to do a full system reset hoping to fix my bootloop problems, well I did it, but it left Superuser on there and I wanna get rid of it from my app drawer.

I restarted the phone its still doing the bootloops so now I'm stuck.

I wanna take the phone to VZW tomorrow, but I'd like to get rid of all the Superuser stuff just in case.

Thanks.

Edit: So weird thing, the whole night I've been trying to fix my bootloop, I SBF'ed, tried to download a 2.3.15 Deodexed update and try to flash that in CWM and it never booted into CWM ONCE. After I factory resetted, turned my phone off and got stuck in bootloop again, after a few battery pulls it finally went into CWM?

Is CWM even still supposed to be on there? I'm so lost.

Edit#2: Got the phone to boot up regularly again, tried to remove the files via this link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/62916-unrooting-droidx.html

Got to:

"adb devices"
    "adb push Superuser.apk /sdcard/Superuser.apk"

And says permission denied!
    Can't find a way to work around it.

Edit#3: So after a long couple hours, I re-rooted, noticed I lost the Superuser.apk icon again, then I took the opportunity to remove the Superuser.apk, busybox and su files from my phone. Now am I missing anything to be completely unrooted?

I also checked with Better Terminal, I entered su and it said permission denied.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
Search tags for this page
delete superuser.apk

how to delete superuser.apk

how to remove superuser

how to uninstall a superuser from samsung sch-r720
how to uninstall super user

how to uninstall superuser

how to uninstall superuser adb
how to uninstall superuser.apk

remove superuser

remove superuser.apk