How to Remove an Email Account

kyoo

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry I tried to search but didn't come up with anything - anyone know how to remove the email account from the email app on the phone? It's real easy to add an email account but I can't seem to find how to remove one.

The reason is I've redundantly set up accounts for both the gmail and email apps. Help anyone?

pwo

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry I tried to search but didn't come up with anything - anyone know how to remove the email account from the email app on the phone? It's real easy to add an email account but I can't seem to find how to remove one.

The reason is I've redundantly set up accounts for both the gmail and email apps. Help anyone?

I got u man:
Go to SETTINGS, touch accounts & sync settings, select the account you want to remove, next screen LOOK DOWN at the bottom there will be a remove account button, press it, and confirm.

OP
K

kyoo

Reaction score
thanks! strangely the e-mail account of it doesn't show up - just the g-mail account.. maybe i will completely reset the phone..

pwo

Reaction score
thanks! strangely the e-mail account of it doesn't show up - just the g-mail account.. maybe i will completely reset the phone..

It does not show up under manage accounts?

Does any of your accounts show up there?

Is it gmail you are trying to get rid of?

OP
K

kyoo

Reaction score

my gmail and facebook account show up but not the e-mail account version.. maybe when i signed up for the gmail account the phone also added it to the email account?

pwo

Reaction score

my gmail and facebook account show up but not the e-mail account version.. maybe when i signed up for the gmail account the phone also added it to the email account?

Don't know why man sorry, I will play some more and let you know tomorrow if you don't find your answer by then. good night.

OP
K

kyoo

Reaction score
No prob! I reset the phone, all is good

Apache516

Reaction score
Took me a while to figure out...

:motdroidvert: Touch the email icon>(if it come up in your in box touch the back key to go to the acct page) touch and hold your finger on the acct you want to remove, it'll vibe (if you have the vibe on) and a menu will come up. The last thing on that menu is Remove Account> touch that > confirm > DONE. No more being awaken at 4am because you got spam in your inbox. :icon_ banana:

jenjen

Reaction score
Thanks Apache, didn't even know that holding down on the account would bring up more options! I just got the phone today on my lunch break so I haven't gotten a chance to do much with it yet!

flyer05

Reaction score
It will not let me remove the gmail account unless I reset to factory default ?? It also states than that I will loose all personal data. So do I reset or not. Hate to start all over again.