1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Email woes

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by CKyle22, Dec 28, 2009.

1. CKyle22

CKyle22 New Member

I have 2 email accounts. Personal (gmail), and University (IMAP).

I figured out recently that you can enable IMAP on Gmail and therefore, you can have a combined inbox with both accounts with the Email app.

But now, the *gmail* app still gets the mail before the *email* app, and also when the email app finally does get the mail, I get two notifications! I know I can shut off notifications in the gmail app, but what would be better is remove the account completely from that app (can't do that, to my knowledge)

What should I do? Can I import an IMAP account in my Gmail app? (You can do that with POP accounts) Can I still have one Inbox with one set of notifications? Can I make the Email app check as fast as the Gmail app? 5 minutes is nice, but instant is nicer.

Is there an app for combined inboxes? So many questions and all I want is a combined inbox with both accounts and have emails arrive instantly. Is that too much to ask?
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  2. spazma7ik

spazma7ik New Member

Just un-sync your gmail account under settings-accounts/sync and then forget about the gmail app, it will never alert you or anything unless you actually go in and refresh inbox.
  3. CKyle22

CKyle22 New Member

That wouldn't make the email app receive emails instantly though. :(

But thanks, I didn't even think of that. I'm only gonna unsync gmail, though, not my contacts and calendar.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I was wondering what could be done about this too. I don't have a problem waiting 5 minutes on my gmail. Thanks for the answer.
Search tags for this page
how can i delete all the mail in my inbox on samsung galaxy
how do i unsync email from my android
how do i unsync email from my android proclaim
how do i unsync my email from my samsung galaxy proclaim
how do i unsync yahoo email from my droid 4 phone
how to delete yahoo mail account on galaxy proclaim phone
how to un-sync yahoo email from my droid x
how to unsync an email account from a droid 4
how to unsync an email account on android

how to unsync email from android

how to unsync email from droid razr