Email problem

Darryl Richey

Reaction score
When I open up email on my laptop it removes the email from my Droid. Its a non gmail account that this happens on. Is this due to some settings on my Droid? Has anyone had this problem? Thanks in advance.

Darryl

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
No -- it's a setting on your laptop's email app. You need to configure it to leave mail on the server.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ideally, you would use IMAP. With pop3, things aren't as easy to set up. Sounds like you need to set up all of your clients to LEAVE MAIL ON THE SERVER as stated. In addition, you should probably set up one or more of your clients to DELETE MAIL FROM SERVER WHEN I DELETE FROM CLIENT.

You also might want to use K9 instead of the default email client.

Another way is to forward email to your gmail account. Perhaps another even better way is to login to gmail.com and under options, set it up to check your 3rd party email account.

OP
D

Darryl Richey

Reaction score
So if I change my lap top from pop3 to imap I need to do the same with my droid correct? I already made the setting chnges on my lap top to not delete read emails, but I'm trying to decide if I should switch over from Pop3 to Imap.