How to pull proprietary files?

Capt_X

Reaction score
I apologize if this information is somewhere already, but I could not find something I could easily use here, at XDA or via google search.

I am trying to learn to build my own ROM for the Samsung Fascinate. I've got my development environment setup (Ubuntu 10.10 on VMWare Player, SDK, etc..). I've downloaded the Froyo AOSP source code and am ready to build, but I don't know how to pull the proprietary files from my phone so that I can configure my build for the Fascinate. I've been following along with this guide Build CyanogenMod for Samsung Fascinate - CMSGSteam but I am not sure how to run the extract-files.sh script that is referenced.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I apologize if this information is somewhere already, but I could not find something I could easily use here, at XDA or via google search.

I am trying to learn to build my own ROM for the Samsung Fascinate. I've got my development environment setup (Ubuntu 10.10 on VMWare Player, SDK, etc..). I've downloaded the Froyo AOSP source code and am ready to build, but I don't know how to pull the proprietary files from my phone so that I can configure my build for the Fascinate. I've been following along with this guide Build CyanogenMod for Samsung Fascinate - CMSGSteam but I am not sure how to run the extract-files.sh script that is referenced.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Honestly I suggest heading over to XDA for help with that...try talking to jt1134 or OldManJames as they are the only one currently building from source for the Fascinate I know of....

OP
Capt_X

Capt_X

Reaction score
Tapout, Thanks for the response! I tried posting this question at XDA, but I don't have enough posts to post a question in the development section though. I ended up copying the script in the link above (from cyanogen) and after several errors was able to pull something out of my phone. Just not sure if I got everything since I did get a couple of errors.

I guess I'll have to make some posts on XDA tonight and post this over there. Thanks again for the response!

hoppermi

Reaction score
You can catch jt @ IRC freenode #samsung-fascinate a lot of the time.