Transferring files to Mac & Mac to fascinate

grizcoach

Reaction score
I want to transfer files from my fascinate to my mac and from my mac to the fascinate. I can get as far as USB connected but not recognized by the Mac. I read something about a Samsung fascinate Mac driver but couldn't find it in the Market.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for help
John

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to transfer files from my fascinate to my mac and from my mac to the fascinate. I can get as far as USB connected but not recognized by the Mac. I read something about a Samsung fascinate Mac driver but couldn't find it in the Market.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for help
John

To the best of my knowledge there is no special drivers to connect a fascinate to a mac. All you need to do is make sure it's in mass storage mode. When you connect the usb make sure you plug directly into the Mac's usb. Do not use an extension.

Then after you plug in you should be able to pull down a shade from the device. There you should see USB Mass Storage.

If I'm wrong and it doesn't work like that (I don't think I am) you can also connect via the internet if you have wifi. Wifi File Explorer from the market will show you an ip address that you can simply type in your browser. This will allow you to access the SD card just like you were hooked up directly to the Mac.