how to pair with Bluetooth (blueant z9i)

lippertk

Reaction score
I just got my droid last night and am having a problem pairing it with my bluetooth headset. I turned on my bluetooth headset and then I turned on bluetooth on the droid and then hit scan for devices and nothing. It doesn't find it. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help!
Kristie

synctek

Reaction score
If your headset is like mine and most others, you will need to activate pairing mode. Normally, you will start with the earpiece powered off. Press and hold the power/sync button for about 3 1/2 to 4 seconds or until the status light (usually blue) stays on steady vs blinking. It should then be in pairing mode. Search with the Droid. When it finds the headset, tap the selection. You should be prompted for a passcode. Default is normally "0000".

lkgmadmax

Reaction score
Just got my BlueAnt V1 working with the Droid using those steps. Thanks!

Snooz48

Reaction score
Is you blueant V1 working ok with the Moto Droid? I stopped using mine due to loud hissing. Blueant is working on firmware upgrade, but no solution as of yet?

sbaumgar

Reaction score
I am struggling trying to get my Verizon droid (without keyboard) pairing with the Z9i headset. I've followed the manual which are the steps described above. I've rebooted my droid and bluetooth and can't seem to get my phone to discover the headset although I have my phone in discoverable mode.

Are there any other settings on my phone or on the bluetooth that need to be set? This seems like it should be straight forward but for some reason it's not working. Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.

Snooz48

Reaction score
I got a response to my email to Blueant customer service about a week ago. They have some software difficulties with the Motorola Droid, but are working to try to resolve them. I'm hoping for a firmware update for my V1 soon. They indicated that they have varing levels of difficulties with most of their product line and Droid, so I would imagine that would inclued your z9 also.

I would suggest contacting Blueant customer support to let they know you are having a problem. They are really good at supporting their product.

www.myblueant.com

mfwocala

Reaction score
I found out that the blueant z9i has a limited number of pairings available (5 devices), you have to reset the blueant to overcome this. To reset, short press all 3 buttons, this clears all previous devices, then try to pair.

Mjtech12

Reaction score
Blueant Q1

Got my droid 1 week ago went on ebay and got a BlueAnt Q1 For $34.00 Used I also had a small problem pairing it until i read the freakin instructions for the BlueAnt its voice activated so you have to tell it to go into pairing mode first then turn on the bluetooth for the phone i dont know if the Z9i is like that but try it it might just work.

Technomad

Reaction score
I found out that the blueant z9i has a limited number of pairings available (5 devices), you have to reset the blueant to overcome this. To reset, short press all 3 buttons, this clears all previous devices, then try to pair.

Thanks! This worked for me.

lovedroid

Reaction score
THANK YOU synctek!!

If your headset is like mine and most others, you will need to activate pairing mode. Normally, you will start with the earpiece powered off. Press and hold the power/sync button for about 3 1/2 to 4 seconds or until the status light (usually blue) stays on steady vs blinking. It should then be in pairing mode. Search with the Droid. When it finds the headset, tap the selection. You should be prompted for a passcode. Default is normally "0000".

I finally got my phone and headset paired using the steps in this post! THANK YOU so much!!!:icon_ banana::motdroidhoriz:

blairmarie

Reaction score
heeelp!!

I just received a sonorix c3 bluetooth head set and i cant sync it to my Droid. The bluetooth would say connecting but when i search with my droid nothing comes up..

goracer

Reaction score
I just received a sonorix c3 bluetooth head set and i cant sync it to my Droid. The bluetooth would say connecting but when i search with my droid nothing comes up..

I have never heard of that brand but I know Verizon and Motorola will not help you. You should go to the vendors website, see if they have a FAQ, forum or way to contact.

arnoldbuhmann

Reaction score
3 button reset

yes I lost the pairing to my iphone after the 3 button salute but I was able to pair with the droid 2 !
there must have been 5 previous parings in there...

thanks!

Arne