how to pair with Bluetooth (blueant z9i)

Hesstergt

Reaction score
Z9i pairing problems with Droid X

I have had issues with my Z9i headsets (2) with my droid. I have tried resetting both headsets as well as my droid. I also went onto the website and downloaded the firmware upgrade, but the upgrade always fails on both units. I also tried the upgrade on two separate computers with the same result. I emailed customer service and am awaiting a response.

Scifiguy

Reaction score
BlueAnt "support"

I got a response to my email to Blueant customer service about a week ago. They have some software difficulties with the Motorola Droid, but are working to try to resolve them. I'm hoping for a firmware update for my V1 soon. They indicated that they have varing levels of difficulties with most of their product line and Droid, so I would imagine that would inclued your z9 also.

I would suggest contacting Blueant customer support to let they know you are having a problem. They are really good at supporting their product.

www.myblueant.com

I tried contacting BlueAnt, but without a proof-of-purchase, they won't even talk to you, or even let you e-mail them. Some support. :icon_evil:

goracer

Reaction score
I found out that the blueant z9i has a limited number of pairings available (5 devices), you have to reset the blueant to overcome this. To reset, short press all 3 buttons, this clears all previous devices, then try to pair.

I just found mine after being lost for a year or two. I thought I had only done 3 pairings but I must have done 5. Resetting made my Z9 pair instantly with my Note 3.