Bluetooth not pairing

Jeembo

Reaction score
Hey all,

Hate for my first post here to be in the tech issues forum, but I'm having an issue pairing my Droid to my brand spankin new Sennheiser VMX-100 BT headset. I enable bluetooth on the Droid, turn on the headset which flashes blue and red, telling me it's in pairing mode, hit the scan for devices on my Droid and it shows up. However, when I hit the button to pair it, it just sits there saying "Pairing..." and doesn't actually pair or ask me for the keycode. After about 15 seconds, the button to pair it comes back.

Any ideas?

frenchy

Reaction score
same issue...any help

I am having the same issue and have seen it posted on tech sites both for Sennheiser and Motorola, and so far no help...Have you had any better luck?

OP
Jeembo

Jeembo

Reaction score
I am having the same issue and have seen it posted on tech sites both for Sennheiser and Motorola, and so far no help...Have you had any better luck?
I have not - From what I hear, it's supposed to be fixed with the 2.0.1 update. I just installed the update and will try pairing it when I go home for lunch. Will let you know if it works.

^Make sure that the DROID is visible,
and make sure you set BOTH devices into Pairing mode!
Did that.

OP
Jeembo

Jeembo

Reaction score
Then did you return it to the Salesman and ask him about compatibility?
Nope. The 'salesman' was woot.com and they didn't have anything about it being incompatible with the Droid. I may RMA it or I might just sell it on CL since it retails for $75+ and I bought it for $25.

I tried pairing it a few minutes ago after the 2.0.1 update and still no luck.

justbob

Reaction score
Did anyone ever have luck pairing with this headset? sellout.woot.com has these for $24.99 today.

OP
Jeembo

Jeembo

Reaction score
Nope - I opened up support tickets with both Sennheiser and Motorola and they both basically told me I'm screwed.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You don't need to make the handset visible, that's only if your trying to pair something to it. Bluetooth is a two-way pair but only the side that you are trying to pair needs to be visible (In most cases). Since your trying to pair the headset, that's the only thing you need to make visible (This is how all headsets work). Have you tried only making the headset visible then trying to pair them?

OP
Jeembo

Jeembo

Reaction score
You don't need to make the handset visible, that's only if your trying to pair something to it. Bluetooth is a two-way pair but only the side that you are trying to pair needs to be visible (In most cases). Since your trying to pair the headset, that's the only thing you need to make visible (This is how all headsets work). Have you tried only making the headset visible then trying to pair them?

Yes. 10char

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you tried a battery pull. Hold the power button for 10 seconds and then put it back in. Sometimes this will help, it's like sometimes a part of the phone won't fully reboot until it has no power to do so.

OP
Jeembo

Jeembo

Reaction score
Have you tried a battery pull. Hold the power button for 10 seconds and then put it back in. Sometimes this will help, it's like sometimes a part of the phone won't fully reboot until it has no power to do so.

Yep. 10char

trasbach

Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone new informations concerning the pairing between vmx 100 and a droid phone like motorola milestone

Thx for any reply

rolandct

Reaction score
I was running Liberty 1.0 and both my integrated car and Moto Roadster devices would pair and work fine. When I went to 1.5 (and wiped) my car would not pair but my Moto Roaster worked. I recently wiped (starting with sbf) and reloaded 1.5 and neither device works. I do let it auto install apps via Google backup service and restored the remaining user apps via Titanium. Sometimes the Roadster will pair but not function, car doesn't work. My wife's non-smartphone works fine with both devices and so did my phone on 1.0.

Is there anything I can clear/uninstall/etc to try and fix my BT problems? I really don't want to reload just to have the same problem again.

Thanks.

Only system things non-Liberty default is Gingerbread theme and blur camera.

Last edited: