Bluetooth paring, but not connecting

Blitz

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem? My Droid and Motorola Bluetooth headset that I have pair, but don't connect, and have to go into options to connect the. Is there a way that I can set it up so that the automatically connect, so that I don't have to go into settings every time I get into my car and want to make a phonecall?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i don't have this problem with my blueant q1 but i'll give you a bump and hope someone with the same one as yours can answer :D

OP
Blitz

Blitz

Reaction score
Thanks. This is another bump. It's really obnoxious. Does anyone know what I can do to solve this?

OB1J3D1

Reaction score
I had this issue with my jawbone and my droid. Paired but won't connect.

The solution for me was to turn bluetooth off on the droid and then turn it back on. The Jawbone was still paired and connected quickly after that.

My guess is I killed a service or something that got restarted when i restarted the bluetooth radio.

HTH

CFH

Reaction score
I ran into the same problem pairing with my FM transmitter in the car. Found out the problem was in the transmitter. I reset it, and then had no problems connecting after that.

My problem started after installing a different rom. Don't know what changed in the bluetooth settings, but apparently, enough changed that the transmitter wouldn't complete the connection until it was reset.

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
Is there a way for Bluetooth to turn on automatically when I turn on my headset, I manually do this but even my Voyager had this feature.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a way for Bluetooth to turn on automatically when I turn on my headset, I manually do this but even my Voyager had this feature.

No. If you turn the bluetooth off you will have to turn it on manually.

Benton

Reaction score
I leave my BT turned on all the time. The BT radio does not consume much power when not connected to a BT device, roughly 2% of power consumption as noted by the batter use stats the Droid keeps track of.

altacool

Reaction score
Similar bluetooth problem

Sorry don't have a solution, but I have a similar problem so I thought i would resurrect this thread.

I installed a Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD in my car with the CD-BTB200 bluetooth adapter. Initially when I activated the bluetooth on my phone, I had to pair and add the radio with the code. After that I never had to enter the code and they would pair and connect automatically. Somewhere along the line, this process stopped working.

Now when I activate my bluetooth on my phone, I get the pairing request from the radio and I have to enter in the code EVERY time. It will not pair and connect automatically. Am I missing something here? There is no option that I found on my phone that allows it to remember the pass code. So much like technology is prone to do, this is driving me nuts. FYI the CD-BTB200 bluetooth adapter is fairly new on the market