How to get Google Voice, NO invite required?

OP
A

andykd88

Reaction score
Holy crap gentlemen! When I go to click get google number I'm sent through a little set up window, but when I typed in my zip code it told me "There are no ##### ZIP code numbers available at this time." (The ##### was replaced with my actual zip code...i'm just overly protective of personal info)

Regardless, Since yesterday I've enjoyed visual voice mail, and that's all I wanted!

Last edited:

rusray

Reaction score
I just gave away three invites on the Google Talk thread. There I proposed a Pyramid scheme of the beneficial nature. I simply asked the three people I invited to invite one person each. Now if everyone plays nice, everyone on this forum could easily have Google Talk. It shocks me how little people will cooperate when it comes to getting an entire community taken care of. Anyway, keep your eye on that thread if you still need an invite. Hopefully the people I invited will pan out.

DroidPDX

Reaction score
Try YouMail.

It's awesome. Real fun with custom greetings. Lots of customization, and works well on the Droid... and online/

Technoman

Reaction score
I just gave away three invites on the Google Talk thread. There I proposed a Pyramid scheme of the beneficial nature. I simply asked the three people I invited to invite one person each. Now if everyone plays nice, everyone on this forum could easily have Google Talk. It shocks me how little people will cooperate when it comes to getting an entire community taken care of. Anyway, keep your eye on that thread if you still need an invite. Hopefully the people I invited will pan out.

How did you give away 3 VOICE invites? Are you sure that you didn't give away WAVE invites?

It took me 2 months to get 1 VOICE invite from Google, and they didn't give me extra ones to give to others.

When I got my WAVE invite, it came with 6 extra that I am allowed to give away to others.

Just wondering if there is some confusion, or how people are getting all the extra VOICE invites.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

How did you give away 3 VOICE invites? Are you sure that you didn't give away WAVE invites?

It took me 2 months to get 1 VOICE invite from Google, and they didn't give me extra ones to give to others.

When I got my WAVE invite, it came with 6 extra that I am allowed to give away to others.

Just wondering if there is some confusion, or how people are getting all the extra VOICE invites.

I got 3 of them, but I think I had to have Google Voice for a little while before I got the ability to give out invites.

OP
A

andykd88

Reaction score
This still doesn't explain how I was able to get visual voicemail on my droid from Google Voice...so without an invite, how is this possible?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This still doesn't explain how I was able to get visual voicemail on my droid from Google Voice...so without an invite, how is this possible?

Don't know. I'd consider myself special and not worry about it. :)

Let's see if you still have it in a week.

tydougherty

Reaction score
I got an invite and activated it on my droid for use WITHOUT a google number.. I then released how dumb that was and somewhat freaked out because I understood that you could not change your mind once you chose.. I was however able to change it and get a GV number..

I thought that was weird and maybe related to this.. because maybe i used the invite but then also had an "invite" already because i owned a droid??

I dont know just though i would throw that out there...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I got an invite and activated it on my droid for use WITHOUT a google number.. I then released how dumb that was and somewhat freaked out because I understood that you could not change your mind once you chose.. I was however able to change it and get a GV number..

I thought that was weird and maybe related to this.. because maybe i used the invite but then also had an "invite" already because i owned a droid??

I dont know just though i would throw that out there...

NexusOne got Voice with a purchase...Not the Droid.

Xpain

Reaction score
I wanted to do it the legit way, without bothering anyone and I've been waiting for over a month... and nothing. If someone has one, please pm me. I will appreciate it.
Thanks in advance (will do the same as soon as I can invite others myself).

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately i don't have any but there is a thread here with people giving them out. When I signed up for mine it took so long I actually forgot about it. And that was before I got my droid. I'm willing to bet with all the people getting the droid they are pretty busy sending them out.

BigE"s DROID

Reaction score
How do i get one of these invite? if you have one your getting rid of let me no......