How to get Google Voice, NO invite required?

rusray

Reaction score
I just gave away three invites on the Google Talk thread. There I proposed a Pyramid scheme of the beneficial nature. I simply asked the three people I invited to invite one person each. Now if everyone plays nice, everyone on this forum could easily have Google Talk. It shocks me how little people will cooperate when it comes to getting an entire community taken care of. Anyway, keep your eye on that thread if you still need an invite. Hopefully the people I invited will pan out.

How did you give away 3 VOICE invites? Are you sure that you didn't give away WAVE invites?

It took me 2 months to get 1 VOICE invite from Google, and they didn't give me extra ones to give to others.

When I got my WAVE invite, it came with 6 extra that I am allowed to give away to others.

Just wondering if there is some confusion, or how people are getting all the extra VOICE invites.

The day I signed up for Google VOICE, I got three invites given to me. My WAVE invite came with 16 or 20. I know that a lot of the invite game is random, but I also sign up and test every google product as soon as they are announced, and submit tons of feedback/bug reports. Been using Google stuff since April 1st, 2004. My birthday!

2amReply

Reaction score
Ok. So I just downloaded GV (I didn't see an invite on my Google account, ever). Im signing in...I just created my PIN...Its verifying my phone number...

But it can't verify the number...DARN!

hailster

Reaction score
I just downloaded and installed GoogleVoice and it worked. I now have a GoogleVoice account and I had no invites given to me.

beer guy

Reaction score
Ok. So I just downloaded GV (I didn't see an invite on my Google account, ever). Im signing in...I just created my PIN...Its verifying my phone number...

But it can't verify the number...DARN!

I had the same thing.:mad:

twmac

Reaction score
I've got a couple. the first 3 people to PM me their email addy get a GV invite

twmac

Reaction score
those went fast. sorry gator, too slow with the pm. i may get some more in another few weeks

gators99ta

Reaction score
btw, i tried to download the GV on marketplace and it didnt work for me. its like its incomplete.

1quickv6

Reaction score
I went to the Google Voice login page prior to downloading the app. Signed in and it said it's currently invite only. Logged out then downloaded the GV app. Installed it and went throught the process. It used my cell number as the GV number. Signed back into my Google account and low and behold...there it was.

So I can personally attest that you can get an account by simply downloading the app from the market. :D

BigE"s DROID

Reaction score
TWMAC thanks a million. I have 1 question..... it says i have 50 invites to send whats that?????