How to get a Rezound without the "pink" buttons?

B

budmonster

I know this has probably been posted a ton of times but has anyone actually & successfully exchange there "defected" Rezound with the "pink" buttons for a Rezound that actually had red buttons? This problem has been a nightmare for me, VZW thinks I'm crazy.

For a lot of people the "pinkish" capacitive buttons doesn't bother them, but for me it's a big issue. I'm paying a lot of money for this phone and also agreeing to another 2 year contract, I want my phone to be perfect. My Rezound is perfect besides the bright pink buttons, I just feel like I was sold an unfinished/rushed device. I can post pictures of my phone if needed, I wouldn't care if they where a little pink but there not even red at all which is hilarious. I already returned my Nexus back for the Rezound thinking that I wasn't going to have any problems with this phone. I'm not trying to be picky or fuss over something small but If this is going to be my phone for the next 2 years why not make sure it's the right one?

I went into the VZW corp store today and they pretty much said "that's how the phone looks" and that "everyone views "red" differently". Of course the model they had on displayed looked pink so trying to convince them was pretty hard and not like they would believe me or care anyways. I said well couldn't you just open a few Rezounds in the back and see if you have the same issue with those. She tried telling me that you have to activate the phone to get the lights to turn on, LOL. They where extremely rude and just not willing to help. She told me that an associate had a Rezound that works in the back and of course that phone was "perfect" too but she wouldn't bring it out, I have no clue if she even checked any other Rezounds back there? What can I do to get the Rezound I should have received in the first place. I was thinking about calling VZW today and talking to a CSR instead of going into a store? Can anyone who has maybe been through this explain to me how to go about this?

This is what I want (check the pics): Verizon Galaxy Nexus vs HTC Rezound

I appreciate the help guys.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've seen 5 Rezounds in person in the last 3 weeks, and I've never seen anything like these "pink" buttons people are talking about.

The buttons arent the deepest darkest red I've ever seen, but they're a far cry from pink.

Dont know what to tell you -- I dont imagine you'll be able to covince anyone at VZW that the color of the touch buttons warrants a replacement phone. Good luck.

jcardona1

Reaction score
I wouldn't call mine blood red, but they're definitely not pink either, more like a light red. They could be pink and purple for all i care, as long as they stayed lit at all times!!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
B

budmonster

I returned my phone finally and got one with the correct buttons.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it taken care of. The demo model at my local store was pinkish as well but mine is a blood red leaning toward a candy apple red

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyway to alter the backlight settings for the capacitative keys? In normal room lighting, the backlight appears to be off. Haven't figured out yet if my keys are "pink" or not, nor would I say they appear "blood red" in total darkness, either.

scummins07

Reaction score
I recently returned my phone for defects. My original phone had bright red lights on the four android keys my new refurbished one is hot pink. I agree with the original poster this is ridiculous I payed for what was advertised and now am stuck with something other than what was originally shown. It's not subtle to an owner who knows both and has seen the differences I am a man an am a bit put off by the pink tone and really enjoyed the red which was another reason I enjoyed the phone was the masculinity effect. Clearly not a selling point but the principal I want what I paid for and will be returning but I promise this is not being nit picky when you spend over 300 you expect it to be what's advertised is all.

Sorry about ranting

OP
B

budmonster

Anyway to alter the backlight settings for the capacitative keys? In normal room lighting, the backlight appears to be off. Haven't figured out yet if my keys are "pink" or not, nor would I say they appear "blood red" in total darkness, either.

You can make the lights turn on even in a lit room with light. Just cover the ear piece with your hand and the buttons will light up.

OP
B

budmonster

I recently returned my phone for defects. My original phone had bright red lights on the four android keys my new refurbished one is hot pink. I agree with the original poster this is ridiculous I payed for what was advertised and now am stuck with something other than what was originally shown. It's not subtle to an owner who knows both and has seen the differences I am a man an am a bit put off by the pink tone and really enjoyed the red which was another reason I enjoyed the phone was the masculinity effect. Clearly not a selling point but the principal I want what I paid for and will be returning but I promise this is not being nit picky when you spend over 300 you expect it to be what's advertised is all.

Sorry about ranting

Yeah the "pink" buttons really did bother me and like you said I didn't want a phone with pink on it. Most people are just too lazy to take it back and fight for it, those are the people that say it doesn't bother them. Anyways, I *****ed and complained and I got what I wanted in the end, I got what I should have received to begin with!

ss13

Reaction score
I installed Chingy's ROM and in it there is an option to turn OFF the lights completely.