How to delete user information & customisation without resetting phone

Ben2121

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and want to removed all personal customisation, as if it was brand new and unused, with the Welcome Screen showing on first startup, BUT without actually resetting it (because I have a software installed that will be deleted if reset). I do not want to do a factory reset.

If this is not possible, please tell me how I can delete user information and reset to default things such as language settings, country, time, etc... as much as possible so it appears new or not used before.

My aim in doing this is not for commercial reasons but personal (monitoring my young kid)

Thank you for any help you can give me

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Welcome to the forum. There's not any easy way to do what you're asking without a factory reset. If you don't reset it, your Google account will still be tied to the phone and accessible through the Play Store and etc. You can make it require your password for any app purchases, but it's going to show up on the phone in a number of places.

If you're truly trying to monitor a child, why not reset it and let them set it up however they want and then just snag it while they're sleeping an install the app you'd like to keep on there?