Redundant Contact information

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
Had a problem with my Droid when I synced with my Outlook Account. I had a ton of read, but not deleted emails. I had no idea that when you sync the account it not only loads new emails, but also the previously read. So, I had a 2K emails that loaded up on the Droid. Suffice to say, without a way to delete ALL emails, I was going to have to delete them all one by one. No thanks. So, I just reset the phone and started over. I had no idea at the time I could re-install my contacts from Google. So, I ended up with redundant information for my contacts. That is, the same phone numbers 2-4 times under the same contact. This got worse when the Facebook app updated and asked to sync my Facebook friends/contacts. Now that gave me even more redundant information. Now whenever I select a contact to send a text, I'll get anywhere from 2 to 4 of the same mobile phone numbers.

How do I get rid of the multiple information? Driving me nuts. Help please!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So sorry for your troubles. there's lots of ppl that have had this problem. i haven't so i can't help. i just wanted to respond so you don't sit there waiting for an immediate response and let you know that this forum is way slow this early in the morning so be patient...the answers will come eventually :D

P.S. or do a search with "multiple"

Last edited:

Silver Member
Reaction score
A factory reset of your phone wouldn't have caused the duplicate contact info. The contacts that are stored in your GMAIL will be exactly what you get on your phone.

carbine

Reaction score
Within Gmail you can go to your contacts and there should be an option to remove duplicates. Then it goes through, finds all information on people that looks the same and merges them into their respective accounts. I did this to correct all the duplicate phone numbers for people that I got from Facebook. Hope it works for you!

rebekah_rosebud

Reaction score
thank you!!!! this helped me SO much. i had 6! entries for most of my contacts. in gmail it will search for duplicates and merge them. what a help! thanks.

OP
Stormy Knight

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
Ok, this approach didn't solve all of my problems. I still have double listings for mailing addresses in several of my contacts. Now what?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Ok, this approach didn't solve all of my problems. I still have double listings for mailing addresses in several of my contacts. Now what?

I exported them out to a .csv, edited then imported back in...