[HOW TO] custom theming for squidly or liberty?

OP
T

thefigaman2

Reaction score
so right click the zip.... and choose open with.... and choose 7zip

there are about 4 different 7zip files to choose from and none of them could open... i guess im either really dumb or im missing out on something here

OP
T

thefigaman2

Reaction score
ok nvm!!!! i got it!!!!!! idk why but when i jus opened it instead of saving it, it worked! lol

OP
T

thefigaman2

Reaction score
lmao i am in drawable-hdpi like you told me.. but now tht i understand this.. is it jus delete stuff by memory from the theme? or is there a certain way i could closer find out what each does? also is this the only folder to change up? andddddd.. sorry for the bombardment.. lol but is this a way to mix, say, two or three different themes?

OP
T

thefigaman2

Reaction score
also a quick Q.. how will i get this from my pc to my droid? cuz normally i jus download everything off my droid

JustJack1235

Reaction score
DONT DELETE!!!!!! Only MOD or Change things!!!! Never ADD either.

so mess with what u want to mess with, and drag the drawable-hdmi folder back into the open 7zip window.... save and put the framework-res.apk back onto the root of ur SDCARD and unplug from computer.... using terminal emulator on ur phone type

su
sys -rw
cp /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework
sys -ro
reboot

it sometimes freeses before u can type sys -ro but thats cool. if it doesnt just keep going.

JustJack1235

Reaction score
and EVERY APP what not is done basically the same way..... its all about breaking it down , changing it, and backtracking and putting it back together.

Theres a brief tutorial~

(Hint) u can use photoshop and change icons to whatever... just make sure the background stays transparent, and the SAME SIZE!!! or ur phone will look retarded.

AND ALWAYS HAVE A BACK UP INCASE U MUFF THINGS UP~! its all about trial and error

OP
T

thefigaman2

Reaction score
Ok thankyou!! i will mess around with this for a while before i get into making my own but thanks alot!! I can safely call you my first mentor/teacher :)

JustJack1235

Reaction score
welcome~ No one taught me.... i had to figure it out my damn self.... SOOOOO when u get a new theme together please holla! Im Tired of these same old themes...

OP
T

thefigaman2

Reaction score
oh and two more questions.. can these themes overlap from different roms? and was the file you gave to me jus a theme that was posted on here? or do i hav to find the frameworks for different themes?

OP
T

thefigaman2

Reaction score
welcome~ No one taught me.... i had to figure it out my damn self.... SOOOOO when u get a new theme together please holla! Im Tired of these same old themes...

When i get time in the next month or two and start gettin the hang of it youll be the first to check it out!

JustJack1235

Reaction score
YES! they can... but remember i said u can CHANGE, or Mod whatever.... just never change the NAME or Size....

so if u like the icons from one theme make sure the name of the icon matches up....

in this theme the icons name is ic_menu123 and i need it to be ic_menu12345.....so copy and paste the name