How to connect Drod to Ford sync

navigator

Reaction score
I just bought a 2008 Ford Fusion with Microsoft sync. Am having problems syncing my Droid with Bluetooth.

1. The phone syncs with other bluetooh devices.
2. I updated Sync software, put the droid in discovery mode
3. My droid scans and finds Sync. I enter the six digit PIN
4. The car's display showd DROID as paired
5. The Sync icon disappears from the droid. (Others remain such as my headset.)
6. I attempt a call using Sync. The voice lady informs me that no phone device is available.

So it appears that Sync is working but the Droid does not retain the Sync paring?

Any ideas?

OdinvsLoki

Reaction score
I have a '09 Flex and had no problem pairing to the Sync, you mentions headset, maybe trying with the headset disconnected. Unless you have bluetooth file transfer installed and allow two devices to share the same connection then the sync will surrender the connection to the Headset.

OP
N

navigator

Reaction score
thanks

Thanks for your reply. The headset was not even near the car. I did pair it once again to make sure the Droid was working properly. Bluetooh is limited for distance, so I don't think they are interfearing with each other.

OdinvsLoki

Reaction score
My last suggestion would be to unpaid them and pair them again.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
N

navigator

Reaction score
Ok will give it a try. I have deleted Droid from the car and reinstalled. I will delete the headset from the Droid and see if the car will pair.

thanks again

OP
N

navigator

Reaction score
Thanks, that did it. I manually unpaired the headset. The Droid synced the first time and shows under the bluetooth setting on the phone.

Wonder if their is a setting to allow the phone to pair and unpair automatically.