droid will not pair with ford sync

svttech76

Reaction score
I ran into the prob last night on my new Ford. Would get Droid to save on car, then would go back to searching for device. After going round and round with Ford and Verizon, I finally looked at the Sync owners manual, deleted the Droid off my car, reloaded it, and all went smooth from there--loaded phonebook, etc. Was kind of shocked that nobody at dealership had run into this issue.

I am not surprised. Ford needs to change the way they handle snyc concerns. They do not pay the techs to help customers with sync problems that are not related to failure of a part of the sync system itself, and the dealers do not want to eat the cost either. Since it can take a long time none of us wants to do it.. I had one customer that I spent 4 hours with unpaid to help out with a dropping sync problem that was the fault of the phone.

So until either the dealers or ford does something about this customers that are not tech savy or that have a defective phone are going to be really unhappy..

I have been a ford tech since 1999 and I am a senior master with all my ase and l1 done and I am about to leave for toyota over stuff like this

nogyro

Reaction score
The problem seems to be that Sync displays a 6-digit PIN but Droid only supports 4-digit PINs and will cut you off after entering 4 digits. When you see the PIN displayed on Sync use your steering wheel control to scroll to the right and it should show a few different PINs you can try, on my Focus it allowed me to use 0000 or 1234. After pairing you can download the phonebook like you normally would, but I haven't tried voice dialing.

Thanks for the great tip! I just got a Droid X yesterday and was having problems pairing it to my 2010 Ford F150 w/Sync. I did what you suggested and it worked great. I got the phonebook paired as well. :icon_ banana:

I have a feeling I'll be returning to this site many times in the near future. :)

louvis

Reaction score
louvis

I cannot sync my Droid 3 to my Lincoln 2010 MKX!

Has anyone solved this problem?

I called sync hot line, did a master reset, took the battery out of my Droid 3 (at least 100 times), deleted it from the sync and reentered it (100 times) and nothing.

The hot line people and the Ford service people seem to be useless

gtrpicker

Reaction score
Droid X & Ford Sync

My Droid X paired quite easily with Sync in my F-150. As one person noted, the Droid will recognize 4 digit codes...not 6-digit ones. I've had no problems whatsoever.