droid will not pair with ford sync

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by moparharn, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Sorry...They don't pay enough....;)
  2. UltimateX

UltimateX New Member

If the phone doesn't support the protocol and the car does, then it is a Droid problem, not a Ford Sync problem. Currently there are very few auxiliary devices (possible none) other than Ford Sync that are capable of doing text messages over bluetooth. But now that Ford several million cars with Sync on the road, the manufactures should step up and support the protocol. I have had Sync for almost 2 years now, it is standard equipment on every well equipped Ford car and available for about $200 on lower end models.
  3. Backnblack

Does ford offer the technology for implementation?
  4. UltimateX

UltimateX New Member

I believe that this an optional implementation in the Bluetooth specification, but few manufactures have thus far have implemented it.
  5. Backnblack

Must not be as needed as some think.....I personally see no use for it. YMMV :icon_ banana:
  6. DACORDOVA1

DACORDOVA1 New Member

I need some help I was able to sync the droid to my F150 and I can make and recieve calls but how were you able to get it to play music having a hard trying to get mine to.
  7. ltfrakes

ltfrakes New Member

I had the same problem in my son's Focus. I will try your solution when I'm next in his car, someguy. Thanks.
  8. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

Wow...I thought Sync only worked with Zune and iPod. That's great!
    I've been thinking hard about a Ford Fiesta next year.
  9. AnnDroid

AnnDroid New Member

The Microsoft Sync (not Ford Sync as some call it) supports playing music from any storage device. It could be iPhone, Zune, thumb drive or a 1.5 terabyte external hard drive. Anything storage device that you can connect to your PC can connect to Sync. When it's first connected the Sync device will read the MP3 tags and catalog the files for voice retreval. If there are playlists also stored on the device it will copy those also.

The reading of text messages is device dependant. There are NO Verizon phones that will play text messages through Microsoft Sync so I suspect it's a Verizon issue, not a device issue. You can find a list of all phones that will play text messages on the SyncMyRide.com website.
  10. On Droids

On Droids New Member

11. nkoom

nkoom New Member

To play audio from your Droid on your Sync system you need to have them paired. Once they are you can go into the menu system on Sync to select the source "bluetooth audio". An easier way is to push the "media" button on your steering wheel. When Sync says "say a command", you say "bluetooth audio". You can now play mp3's from your droid on your car stereo. I have been listening to Pandora internet radio in my car and it sounds pretty darn good. Another reason to love my Droid!
  12. Bobev

Bobev New Member

Enter Code faster

:greendroid::)
    I had the same problem and finally got faster on putting the code in also, working good now.
  13. mrkswellby

mrkswellby New Member

Verizon's software on the phone does not support bluetooth transfer of the phonebook, as a Verizon tech told me. I had no problems when I was with AT&T, as I had purchased an unlocked (read no AT&T and no Verizon software) Motorola Krazr phone. It supported bluetooth phonebook transfer, read text messages and allowed me to reply (when going slower than 5mph or stopped); voice dialing and all the features. The Droid is what I have now, since it's on Verizon's network, which gets better reception at my office desk. I'm dissappointed I can't do text messages via Sync, but got used to that after suffering with Samsung Glyde. I just want to get my contacts/phonebook to transfer from the Droid to Sync. I haven't tried doing so while USB was connected. Thought it should work via Bluetooth but so far I get the message "Download failed" immediately after telling it to download (the autodownload does nothing).
  14. ltfrakes

ltfrakes New Member

15. mrkswellby

mrkswellby New Member

Backup Assistant does not work with the Motorola Droid. That's not the point, I have the contacts on the phone, I need them to get to the car's phonebook. Otherwise, you can't use the functionality of hands-free dialing "call Home" or "call Mom". And you won't see on the radio who is calling you. I can still control all of it from the phone, but it's much more distracting.
  16. svttech76

svttech76 New Member

Sync works fine on the droid. The droid does support 6 digit pins but it times out quick so you have to enter it fast. I have used mine on several cars since I use my phone to test sync out if a customer comes in with a sync concern
  17. mrkswellby

mrkswellby New Member

Have you been able to get your phonebook to transfer to Sync? I can't get past "Download Failed" on the car radio.
  18. svttech76

svttech76 New Member

Mine transfers just fine on all the cars I have tried it on. The onlyh thing that does not seem to work is getting sync to read my text messages
  19. mrkswellby

mrkswellby New Member

I have a 2008 Ford Fusion. I've asked the dealer to upgrade to Sync 2.1 but they were just learning how to do it and couldn't get it done. I wouldn't expect that 2.1 is necessary for phonebook. Do you use bluetooth or connect via usb?
  20. fleej

fleej New Member

Sync works great!

Microsoft Sync is fantastic with the Droid. Every feature except text messages works well. You can stream all of your music on the Droid through the speakers. This includes Pandora!! You can also control the music as well as Pandora with the controls on the steering wheel.
Search tags for this page
2009 ford sync will pair to my android but not play out of the speaker
connecting a bluetooth samsung s4 to a car 2009 lincoln mkz vehicles
droid dna not syncing to my ford
droid pairing with sync
galaxy s4 wont work with ford sync
how so i push contacts on my droid and uoad to my sync ford fusion
how to conncet my verizon droid4 to my 08 lincoln microsoft sync

how to pair droid x with ford sync

how to sync my samsung s4 to my lincoln mkx 2012
is motorola droid x compatible with ford sync

pair ford sync and droid razr maxx 4 digit