Bluetooth TXT Messeges Droid 1 and Ford Sync

dmdj232

Reaction score
It has been reported that the Droid2 and X are able to send and recieve txt messeges (with Voice recognition) via Ford's (Microsoft) Sync System. I have Sync and it says that my device (Droid 1) is not compatible to use this feature. My question is...is it a hardware issue or software issue like the bluetooth protocols and if it is a software issue is there a way to port over the feature from another device such as the D2 or DX?

motocat

Reaction score
I have the same,

I havent tried using it for texting. but have you tried going to the sync web site and seeing if you need to update the sync s/w in your car. it is done via a download to a USB thumbdrive.

I was going to do this but didnt

OP
D

dmdj232

Reaction score
I have the same,

I havent tried using it for texting. but have you tried going to the sync web site and seeing if you need to update the sync s/w in your car. it is done via a download to a USB thumbdrive.

I was going to do this but didnt
Yes I'm actually a regular at Sync's Website....haha...I do have the latest version of Sync (3.1) and from what I can understand it's not Syncs fault that it doesnt work it's the individual phones having the right Bluetooth Protocols to use the txt feature.