How to clear dump from slow Motorola Atrix 2?

sktneer

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Atrix 2
Hello Experts,
Greetings,

I have a Motorola Atrix2 phone and its running on IceCreamSandwitch. I bought it one year back and now its running dam slow.
Even dialer takes time to appear.
I have deleted all the unnecessary Apps from the phone, no games installed, sufficient free space on internal memory as well as SD card (16 gb) but hasn't helped. Once I also reset the phone.

One of my friend who is using Samsung Note2 told me that he had the same issue and he cleared the dump from the phone and his issue has been resolved. He told that Samsung provided a code to him which he dialed and took care of this issue.

My question is, does Motorola also provides any such code to clear the dump files from the phone?
Or is there any other way to clear dump files or to make the phone faster again.

Any help or guidance would be really appreciated as I am not in position to replace my phone right now.

Thanks in advance.

OP
S

sktneer

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Atrix 2
Thanks sajokaz! Just run the wipe cache partition as mentioned in the link you provided.
I will report back to you if this makes a positive impact on the phone's performance.
Hope it will resolve the issue. Keeping my fingers cross.

Thanks once again for the assistance you provided.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum sktneer!
If clearing your cache doesn't work, I would suggest a factory data reset. (Just make sure to back up your contacts, pictures & files beforehand)
Good luck & let us know how you make out.

OP
S

sktneer

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Atrix 2
@sajokaz

Sorry to say but this hasn't made any difference. I am using very few apps and all of them are responding slow along with the basic inbuilt apps even dialer and messages. It was not the case when I bought it.
Don't know how to resolve this but hoping someone will come up with a solution to resolve this issue.

Thanks for your efforts. I appreciate that.

OP
S

sktneer

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Atrix 2
Welcome to the forum sktneer!
If clearing your cache doesn't work, I would suggest a factory data reset. (Just make sure to back up your contacts, pictures & files beforehand)
Good luck & let us know how you make out.

Thank you very much for welcoming in the forum.
I have tried factory reset twice but didn't help much. Initially it seemed to work but after few days of use and installing very few important Apps like whatsapp, facebook, yahoomail etc., it became slow again.
I think what is the use of a smartphone if one cannot install apps on it.

I assume that I am not violating any forum rule if I ask another question in the same thread.
My other question is, can I update my Atrix 2 MB865 to Jelly Bean unofficial leak which I came to know while Googling because many users claimed that their phone was responding better.
But I am completely a novice when anything related to phone's OS is concerned and don't know what is good and what's bad.
So can I expect you experts to suggest me whether I should consider about this and if yes, is there any instructions guide which is completely for a novice to know how can it be updated to any such leaks.

Thanks again for your help so far.
Regards.