Motorola Atrix HD problem

omak42vd

Reaction score
I have a friend that had an Atrix HD, that recently went to crap. Apparently the other day the phone said it had a low battery and needed to be plugged in. Once it was, the phone turned itself off, reboot, and got frozen at the AT&T symbol screen. The phone has been replaced at this point, but we are trying to figure out a way to get the pictures off of it. The phone does not have "USB Debugging" enabled, so I can not access by just plugging it into my computer. I have been trying to use ADB to install Clockworkmod Recovery, but keep getting "(bootloader) preflash validation failed" during the process. The screen on the phone says it is an invalid image size for the partition. I am using the file from this website (ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries that is listed as being the Motorola Atrix HD file. Any suggestions before I just blow the thing up??

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Am I correct in assuming the device was originally rooted when this happened, or are you simply attempting to pull the stock image from this site? If the device wasn't originally rooted, you won't be able to install a custom recovery without it being rooted first.

OP
O

omak42vd

Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to add I'm that it WAS NOT rooted. Completely stock when it happened and was trying to come up with anyway to access the files on the phone. Read somewhere that of you install and boot into Clockworkmod Recovery, it would automatically turn on debugging. Maybe I'm wrong?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, no. You need to be rooted in order to install CWM so that won't work. Does your pc not show any of the files when you connect to it?

OP
O

omak42vd

Reaction score
When I originally plugged the phone in, the moto drivers showed up and installed. But I can't seem to access anything from the phone. When I plug it in, nothing shows up for me to access.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
You should at least see the phone in Windows explorer when connected, regardless....But you're not showing anything? Have you tried using a different cable? As strange as that sounds, it often works when a device isn't being seen or recognized by your pc.

OP
O

omak42vd

Reaction score
Sorry for the slow response. I have tried multiple cables, but only on my Microsoft Surface. Have not tried any other computers. It IS a USB 3.0 port, so maybe that's why?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I would definitely try connecting to a regular desktop/laptop pc. The issue could be with connecting to your Surface as that's running a slimmed down version of Windows.

OP
O

omak42vd

Reaction score
Yea I haven't had any issues with the surface, so really didn't see it being a potential problem, but I will try a different computer tomorrow

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
I would go into recovery and clear the cache! Your simply stuck in a bootloop. ;)

Then when you restart the device. .. follow these instructions. ..
Safe mode

Then connect to computer and copy data off