How much thinner/lighter is it than the Droid? Gorilla Glass?

xythil

Reaction score
Hey how much thinner/lighter is this than the Droid?
Is the screen as amazing? Gorilla Glass on the droid. Dont even need screen protection.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe no one knows what you are asking.

The Droid comes with Gorilla Glass ... and its screen is the stuff of Legend :icon_ devil:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think he's talking about the HTC Incredible compared to the Droid...

I cant seem to find much credible data on the size and weight, so we'll have to wait until it's closer to release.

It looks in pics like it's similar in size and shape to the G1, if not a bit thinner.

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score

I cant seem to find much credible data on the size and weight, so we'll have to wait until it's closer to release.

It looks in pics like it's similar in size and shape to the G1, if not a bit thinner.

Dont know much about the G1, How does it compare to the droid?

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
Man I gotta decide if I want to keep my Droid or return it and come back for an HTC Incredible...

Ive got till april 8th to decide

briankeith513

Reaction score

Looks a lot thinner than the G1, and the Droid is thinner than the G1.

Jeepzor

Reaction score
Its the same practically the same width as the droid, little taller and a little thinner. As for gorilla glass until someone actually gets ahold of one or verizon talks about it I really can't say. Does any other HTC product feature gorilla glass? If not I would doubt its on the Incredible.

Threepio

Reaction score
Who thinks it would be worth trading a MotoDroid for a HTC incredible?

MrTommy

Reaction score
Not me, not now.

Frankly, the last thing I want to do is get a brandy new untested, unbought, unrated, and unknown phone to replace my well tested, hugely bought, well rated and widely known (and loved) MotoDroid. That's like buying a Moto Droid on its first day out and living through all the growing pains all over again. I'll let you guinea pigs grab them up, live through all the trouble with non-working systems, bad apps, dead batteries, crashing operating systems, and DOA phones. When you get it all ironed out, give me a call and I might bite. Until then, I'll lurk in this section and see what's going on.

Cynical? Me? Naw. Old and experienced maybe, but cynical? Naw...... ;)

whtbowtie

Reaction score
Well i'll say this im in for the incredible this is my second round with the MD and although i feel it is one of the better phones i have ever delt with it is way too heavy! i have been waiting on the N1 for 6 months now and am done waiting, my only worry is accessories. i must have a belt clip and not the body glove...

Threepio

Reaction score
Frankly, the last thing I want to do is get a brandy new untested, unbought, unrated, and unknown phone to replace my well tested, hugely bought, well rated and widely known (and loved) MotoDroid. That's like buying a Moto Droid on its first day out and living through all the growing pains all over again. I'll let you guinea pigs grab them up, live through all the trouble with non-working systems, bad apps, dead batteries, crashing operating systems, and DOA phones. When you get it all ironed out, give me a call and I might bite. Until then, I'll lurk in this section and see what's going on.

Cynical? Me? Naw. Old and experienced maybe, but cynical? Naw...... ;)

Not saying i disagree with you. I have thought about all those things as well. But isnt HTC a fairly good company to ensure that the phone is basically perfect for when it hits the market?

MrTommy

Reaction score
Not saying i disagree with you. I have thought about all those things as well. But isnt HTC a fairly good company to ensure that the phone is basically perfect for when it hits the market?

Oh absolutely, but.... Motorola has a long standing name in the communications industry too - and look at the complaints. But then, I think most of the complaints come from the Droid system more than the phone. And all these phones are working off some version of "Droid", I think.

Threepio

Reaction score
I guess your right, but any new electronic mobile device has problems when they are first introduced to the market. Its part of the game.

I guess its just up to the individual to determine the amount of risk they want to take from switching to a tried and tested device, to a new and unused device.

ooooh its tormenting i kno! the desire to have the latest and the greatest is always my weakness

MrTommy

Reaction score
ooooh its tormenting i kno! the desire to have the latest and the greatest is always my weakness

Man, I'm with you on THAT one! I hate finally making a decision to buy something that I know within a month or so will be outdated and overshadowed by the latest and greatest (or greater) gizmo. I just have to know that I'm getting the 'greatest' RIGHT NOW, and worry about that other stuff later. Ha.

So now I'm just going to devote myself to making MY Droid the best Droid I can. Plus, I may quit reading these threads about other phones.... :rockon: