Its Gorilla Glass

Silver Member
Reaction score
the photo at the end of that story is proof that the glass isn't anymore indestructable than other leading cell phones on the market.

PC1116261-550x412.jpg

at least the phone appeared to function after the incident.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Is this like gorilla glue? Or gorilla tape? jk

Hm, maybe you could use the combination to put the cracked gorilla glass back together if you crack it.

Dr. Tenma

Reaction score
Yeah... there should be an 18+ tag in this thread. Or perhaps much higher, as nobody should have to see such atrocities.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ummm, those keys on the keyboard appear to be raised...or bubbled as some say...

the photo at the end of that story is proof that the glass isn't anymore indestructable than other leading cell phones on the market.

PC1116261-550x412.jpg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ummm, those keys on the keyboard appear to be raised...or bubbled as some say...

PC1116261-550x412.jpg

On the physical keyboard? That's how it is. Looks normal to me.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
My keys are totally 100% flat.

PC1116261-550x412.jpg

On the physical keyboard? That's how it is. Looks normal to me.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

PC1116261-550x412.jpg

must be the shadows creating that illusion. They do look raised but they are, or at least should be, flat like all Droids.

sapo916

Reaction score
The glass is to prevent it from cracking from scratches. While it probably is more impact resistant than regular glass when it does crack it will crack like other glass since it is still glass. The only proof that shows is that you shouldn't believe Gorilla glass makes it invincible.

coolkidd

Reaction score
Let's have a moment of silence please.....

Any glass will crack in different circumstances. Even those bulletproof glass will crack. The Droid's glass is just more resistant compared to others.

jasonb

Reaction score
This honestly hurts to look at.

yes is does. i think i'd cry if i dropped mine. i've had mine to about 2 weeks now and it still looks perfect, not a scratch. hopefully it looks the same in another 1 year, 11 months, and 2 weeks.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had it since they day they came out and it's still perfect.

I wonder if that cracked one is still usable without hurting your fingers.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
But.. this description from the guy who broke the Droid is interesting and probably backs up the claim of the "high technology" glass..

"Upon inspection I found my phone to still work perfectly fine. There are no missing pixels on the screen,the touch still responds as perfectly as it did before committing suicide, and there are no sharp shards on the screen. Shocking right? Especially when I compared it to a friend’s cracked iPhone screen where I nearly severed my finger on sharp pieces of the glass screen."