How long ICS take to update?

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Hi All.

I just heard another rumor about
ICS coming out tomorrow.
I'm on vacation and can't be without my phone.
How long will the update last?
Can I postpone the installation if need be?

Thanks
B

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
First question, where did you hear this rumor?

dzuchowski

Reaction score
The internet... Android police website. But they misspelled some stuff... Fake screen capture.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Ah yeah, just saw the thread. Doubtful for sure...

But to the OP, yes you can postpone the installation. It will keep asking you but you can keep hitting later. It will probably take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, give or take. Hope this answers your question, happy vacationing!

OP
D

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
k1ngr4t said:
First question, where did you hear this rumor?

Android Guys send me a newsletter daily.

Looks like I got the scoop!
:)

B

trackman1

Reaction score
hi quick question....is the new ics firmare that is to be rolled out today or whenever differ from the prev leaked ICS?.......should i wait or it does not make a difference

thanks

dzuchowski

Reaction score
hi quick question....is the new ics firmare that is to be rolled out today or whenever differ from the prev leaked ICS?.......should i wait or it does not make a difference

thanks

Some say yes.... It will be .4.04 or 4.05 but others say no difference. Yet others say because of file size is just a gingerbread update. Yet others say we will be desired hd`d......

trackman1

Reaction score
so at this point would it be best to wait till the new release of the ICS????....or would it be best to install pre-leaked version..

please advise

Thanks

Last edited:

dzuchowski

Reaction score
so at this point would it be best to wait till the new release of the ICS????....or would it be best to install pre-leaked version..

please advise

Thanks

Who knows..

trackman1

Reaction score
ok thanks.....I would appreciate anyone elses opinion's........which is best to do at this point....I would hate to install pre-leaked then re-do it , if possible to avoid..

svdroiddude

Reaction score
ok thanks.....I would appreciate anyone elses opinion's........which is best to do at this point....I would hate to install pre-leaked then re-do it , if possible to avoid..

Well, here's my opinion. I have not downloaded any leak....yet. If you really believe the OTA is coming soon (and I don't think it will be here for a few more months, if at all) then wait. Most people have had good success with the leak and likely it won't be much different if any at all than the fabled OTA.

Since my cell phone is my only phone and I use it for business a LOT I refuse to take any chances with installing the leak, even though I know it would make my phone better.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well, here's my opinion. I have not downloaded any leak....yet. If you really believe the OTA is coming soon (and I don't think it will be here for a few more months, if at all) then wait. Most people have had good success with the leak and likely it won't be much different if any at all than the fabled OTA.

Since my cell phone is my only phone and I use it for business a LOT I refuse to take any chances with installing the leak, even though I know it would make my phone better.

I agree. In fact, in a lot of cases, a leak that developers have tweaked have actually been better than the OTA releases. Like when the Thunderbolt got the rollout for Gingerbread and it was random reboot city! Myself and many others had rooted and went with the GB ROMs from Team BAMF and we never had those problems. OTAs can be nice but, a lot of these developers are way better than those who work for the manufacturers. Just my .02

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I installed the second leak and I'm loving it. I'm not taking the ota until i know more about it and what it contains. The fact that it may be half the size of the leaks makes me wonder what the difference is. I may not take it at all and just stick with the leak. I'm in a wait and see mode.

HowardZ

Reaction score

On one hand, the leak works well according to many people. No major problems reported.

On the other hand the only major noticeable change is folders on the desktops. And, gingerbread also works well.

The only reason I use ROMs on my older droidx is to use ICS and hopefully very soon jb.

I'm tired of Verizon repeatedly missing ICS deadlines. The leak works well. The only unknown item is how much work will be needed to move from the leak to the official ICS when and if it will be released.

btw, I can understand your reluctant to use the leak being how important your phone is in your business life. you are not missing anything phenomenal by staying with gingerbread.